promenade room - independence of the seas

lolalow

On 12/20/2022 at 10:12 PM, cruzzza said:

I know this is an old thread but I'm researching PR cabins and I have to say this is my main concern. We want to put the kids in a connecting promenade but I'm frankly scared of what may be visible from the cabins across the way. I don't need the kids getting eyefuls of things they shouldn't see. Starting to doubt my choice of room!

On our last cruise we had a promenade. You definitely can see clearly if they have lights on and curtains open. We kept curtains pinned closed most of the week. We opened them the last night to put suitcase there and pack. All of a sudden my wife said "OMG, don't look!" Of course I did and saw a naked lady walking around the cabin packing while her husband and 2 children ignored her. We all have our favorite ways to pack!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 11:12 PM, cruzzza said:

I don't need the kids getting eyefuls of things they shouldn't see. Starting to doubt my choice of room!

Make sure you don’t take them to the Crazy Quest. We saw things at the last one we’ve never seen at any of the pre-COVID Quests. 🍈🍈🍆

On 10/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, lolalow said:

I have found a couple reviews but wanted some more input.  We are currently in 2 connecting interiors and thinking about upgrading to connecting promenade. Some people say they can hear the noise others cant.  I do realize deck 6 would be more noisy.  I am particularly interested between 11pm-8am.   I do need quiet to sleep even light music will bother me.  Can you hear the background music that is played 24/7 in promenade even a little? What time are the parties usually?  My son has autism and likes lights that change colors- any particular place for good view of the changing lights?      

We did an Inside Guarantee earlier this month and were thrilled to be placed in Promenade View cabin 6595.  Random thoughts about the cabin: 

- We were on Deck 6 two cabins from the "singers' bridge" ... so probably one of the noisiest possible cabins.  On the first night we heard music about 11:00 and realized it was a promenade concert ... we opened the curtains and enjoyed it; it lasted about 30 minutes, then it was done.  Same thing on the last night of the cruise ... that was the 70s party.  Aside from these two parties, we didn't hear any noise.  

- We had a connecting room (we didn't know the people in the other room).  I think we heard someone sneeze once.  

- The room had less storage than the regular inside we had a few months ago.  Well, the closet was the same, but we had fewer drawers, and the storage near the mirror was super-shallow /essentially useless.

- The room did feel smaller than a regular inside ... I think that's because the bed is placed so close to the door, and you're forced to walk around it.  

- The room had a loveseat + the built-in bay-sofa + a small glass coffee table.  This was a very nice set-up ... the seating area was spacious and comfortable.  

On 12/20/2022 at 11:12 PM, cruzzza said:

I know this is an old thread but I'm researching PR cabins and I have to say this is my main concern. We want to put the kids in a connecting promenade but I'm frankly scared of what may be visible from the cabins across the way. I don't need the kids getting eyefuls of things they shouldn't see. Starting to doubt my choice of room!

Not a concern.  We saw literally nothing worth mentioning across the hall.  Most people had their curtains closed most of the time.  

Note: The curtains velcro closed, so they won't fly open accidentally.  Our cabin steward closed them every evening during turn-down service.

• Like 1

One more thing to add to my previous comments:  When the curtains were closed, all we heard was the BOOM, BOOM, BOOM of the bass.  Once we opened the curtains, we could hear the music more clearly.  We could easily talk to each other -- the music wasn't loud enough to prevent that.  Again, we were on the 6th floor right by the singers' bridge.

Resurrecting this thread again. We are looking at booking a last minute surprise cruise for my son for his birthday...the only ship open with our dates is Freedom OTS and only cabins remaining are Promenade interiors. I have cruised in only balconies or suites since the early 00's and had window rooms prior to that...will I be able to handle this room for 4 days? Do the beds separate? I would be sharing my cabin with my daughter and my son sharing a connected cabin with my mom. I am not a snob but I do love space...

2 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

Resurrecting this thread again. We are looking at booking a last minute surprise cruise for my son for his birthday...the only ship open with our dates is Freedom OTS and only cabins remaining are Promenade interiors. I have cruised in only balconies or suites since the early 00's and had window rooms prior to that...will I be able to handle this room for 4 days? Do the beds separate? I would be sharing my cabin with my daughter and my son sharing a connected cabin with my mom. I am not a snob but I do love space...

So two cabins shared by four people?  You'll be fine.  At first glance these cabins seem smaller, but it's because the bed is right in front of the door, and you must walk around it ... but the seating area by the loveseat /bay window seat is actually spacious by cruise ship terms.  

I assume the beds split apart, but I don't actually know for certain.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

@Mum2Mercury let me ask another random question, my mom is prone to slight seasickness and always thought being able to see outside helped. Did you notice if these rooms were good/bad/indifferent in regards to ship motion? 

Thank you for your help! 

They would be better for motion since they are mid ship. 

I've been more aft and never near the singing so I have never had issues with music. Just look what is below when you book.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mandyleighflies said:

@Mum2Mercury let me ask another random question, my mom is prone to slight seasickness and always thought being able to see outside helped. Did you notice if these rooms were good/bad/indifferent in regards to ship motion? 

Thank you for your help! 

I didn't particularly notice much motion in the room, but I have zero problems with seasickness -- I even revel in feeling the ship move.  My husband is the same, so I'm not promising we're good sources on that topic.  

• Like 1

@lolalow    What did you think of the Promenade rooms?    

We have Voyager 7291 and 7293 Connecting Promenade Rooms booked.   As a pale redhead, I suspect I'll prefer these to a balcony and certainly better than a regular connecting interior.   But, I'm paying close attention.