My Time Dining on RCCL

47 minutes ago, easternLIers said:

Have always done 8pm seating...with cancelations and re-bookings we had to take "my time" dining on RCCL. Can someone explain exactly wow it works??

Thanks 

Jim

You have two choices. You can go into the Cruise Planner on the Royal website and make a nightly reservation for your dinner for as many or few nights as you want. You will be given the available time slots and you can choose whatever time is available. It can be the same or different every night. Once you complete your choices you 'purchase' it just like any other item on the cruise planner, except there's no charge and you don't need to enter a credit card. You will get an email confirming the dinner reservation times and it will be in your online cruise calendar. 

The second method is just to show up at the My Time dining room at the time you want to dine each night. There will be a separate line for My Time without reservations. If they have a table for you then you'll be seated right away, otherwise you'll have to wait with a buzzer.  

If you happen to find a service team you enjoy and plan to each dinner every night around the same time (or different times) just remember the servers names and/or the table that you were at and when you go to the reservation desk ask for that Service Team. They will always try to accommodate you;however, sometimes it's not possible since people are coming and going at different times and a particular Service Teams area may be all taken at the time you come to dine. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, easternLIers said:

kwokpot ... thanks for the info! Tried to look it up and figure it out 🤪 Appreciate the post. I think I have an idea now. Thanks.

Jim

We make a reservation around the same time every night (usually shortly after MTD opens). We ask the hostess to seat us with the same waiter each nigh, so you get that personalized service. I.e., by night 2 or 3, your drinks automatically come out and your meals are served the way you want them (we're not fancy people, we tell our waiter that if they have several hot appetizers, bring them to the table and don't let them get cold at the waiter's station, just so they can serve them one at a time). 

While it is not exactly the same as set dining time, we are often seated near some of the same couples (on the same dining schedule). So we chat about the day and plans for the next.