discover roatan or shore excursioneer

StormySeas

we have not been to Roatan before and Paradise beach and Infinity bay both sound and look like beautiful resorts that would offer a great day at the beach. which resort did you prefer and why? which third party vendor have you used and are both of these reliable and safe? any suggestions would be helpful. I want to get the most out of our day while at this new port. I want to snorkel and hubs wants to sit in the shade with a nice drink (after a quick dip in the ocean of course!) thanks in advance.

I don't think you can go wrong with either--resort or 3rd party vendor.

As a native Razorback from "dogtown" across the river, you should  also look into Bananarama, which will provide their own transportation, included in the price.  Very good deal if you're porting up a Mahogany Bay.  Same stretch of beach just a few yards north of Paradise Beach.

All have websites.  Chew on it over an order of The Faded Rose's tchoupitoulas and a Flyway IPA or Bell's 2-Hearted.

Infinity and Paradise both have amazing pools, and are great. Paradise has more shade around theirs IMO. We have done both Borden and shoreexcursioner. Bodden will cost a little more but you have more leeway with when you want to go and how long you stay. You can also add in another stop if you wish. Both are great options.

• 3 weeks later...

There are several major tour operators who were used over and over in Roatan before cruising was suspended. If you look back a page or two I am sure you will find the names of the popular tour guides. Of course, only time will tell who has survived. 

Discover Roatan seems to be a locally owned company. Shore excursioneer is a broker that operates in many ports and uses local companies.