Vibe during covid?

Jay1974

I don't want to start a debate on the value of vibe. Some feel it's worth it, others feel it's a waste of money. We've done vibe for both of our NCL cruises and loved it both times. (that was at $99 for the week though) It's a sanctuary away from the crowds and makes us feel a little special. lol Walking in and being greeted by name, drink service to our chairs, shot o'clock, cookies, fruit skewers make it worth it for us.

My wife and I are sailing on the Escape at the end of November and I'm unsure if it's necessary. If the ship was full capacity, we would definitely want it but will we really need an escape to relax if most of the ship isn't busy? I'm leaning towards spending the money on additional specialty restaurants and my wife wants to go for vibe. Can anyone give us insight into how busy the ship is and what vibe is like during these less than full sailings?

I fully understand your confusion.  I am going to cut to the chase and say, "If the Vibe is $99.00 for the week, I would do it."  Is it absolutely necessary with reduced capacity? Maybe not.  The issue is your like it and are familiar with it. If both your and our spouse were in agreement to pass, then pass.  But it sounds like one wants to and the other is in the fence.  

We have a similar situation.  My wife and I both love the Premium Plus drink package.  Yet many of the benefits of that package are included in our suite this trip.  Don't ask me how this happened, but we are in the DOS in the Haven.  YET, I still purchased the Premium Plus package.  No logical reason for it, none. Just because we are familiar with it and like how it worked for us in the past. 

Sometimes the decisions we make on cruises or vacations are much less about financial and much more about familiarity.  Crazy notion, right??

Cruise well everyone.

• Like 1