Ovation in Strait of Juan de Fuca now?

SeaCBear

Just curious - we live on Vancouver Island, near Victoria.  We like to track nearby cruise ships (and other ships) using Marine Traffic. We can see the Ovation of the Seas not too far away - it doesn't appear to be moving, and it was in the same area last night too. We saw the Ovation on the Marine Traffic app again tonight, and when we took a quick trip to the beach, we could see it sitting out in the Strait, lit up like a giant Christmas tree.

The Norwegian Encore sailed by last night on it's way to Alaska (from Seattle), but I think that is the last cruise to Alaska for this year. So, does anyone know what the Ovation is up to? 

We like to track cruise ships (and others) using Marine Traffic

Edited by SeaCBear

According to cruisemapper, she’s doing circles. She must have left Elliot Bay yesterday sometime, because I saw her anchored on the Space Needle cam yesterday.

I thought the Encore returned to Seattle this morning. I did see a Norwegian ship docked at Pier 66 this morning.

I was on the Ovation last 2 sailings and shop owners mentioned the last cruise ship for the season was last week.

Edited by crzndeb

Yes, you're right of course - the Encore was on it's way back from Alaska when we saw it last night.  

I think the Ovation may just be parked out in the Strait of Juan de Fuca to wait out a big storm that's heading our way tomorrow - very high winds are predicted. I'm not sure where she's heading to after that, as RC cancelled the Ovation's 2021/2022 season in Australia.  

Edited by SeaCBear
  • Like 1