Summit debarkation time

Guest moe46

Anyone know what is the latest debarkation time available on the Summit out of Miami? Flight isn’t until 2 so I’d rather be on the ship instead of in airport terminal. Miami excursions are only available for flights that depart after 3. 

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, moe46 said:

Anyone know what is the latest debarkation time available on the Summit out of Miami? Flight isn’t until 2 so I’d rather be on the ship instead of in airport terminal. Miami excursions are only available for flights that depart after 3. 

What do you do on the ship that morning?  I always think about staying on longer, but it does not seem much better on the boat since most (maybe all) services are shut down except buffet.  Do you just sit there and drink free coffee?  It always feels so busy that I don't enjoy the morning and I prefer to just get on with the next step. Of course that means sitting in the airport drinking expensive coffee or eating another breakfast....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speasda said:

What do you do on the ship that morning?  I always think about staying on longer, but it does not seem much better on the boat since most (maybe all) services are shut down except buffet.  Do you just sit there and drink free coffee?  It always feels so busy that I don't enjoy the morning and I prefer to just get on with the next step. Of course that means sitting in the airport drinking expensive coffee or eating another breakfast....

Any minute spent on board is a damn site better than any minute spent in MIA, even on debarkation day (even swabbing the deck)!

21 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Once on my way to South America I had a day room at a hotel attached to the airport. Might that work.

This is what I always do. I dont really search for some fancy hotels. I just pick the one closer to the airport or seaport to be sure that they have a transfer and I wont have to rush in case I am late or smth 

Is anyone able to say how many passengers are now aboard the Summit -- October 25, 2021 -- or how many were aboard on the previous one or two cruises? 

For many weeks [in August/September?], we heard numbers well below 500 (even below 400), despite a capacity of about 2,100.  We are wondering if the numbers have continued to be so low in October.

Thanks, in advance, for any good replies.