If I cancel.....

Sir Cumference

17 hours ago, davecttr said:

The two packs I got last week from the NHS via a code for the chemist are still tonsil swabs, as per the instructions on page 10. The 2 packs I got from the local 'unhealthy living centre' a few days ago are the flowflex type with the buffer solution already in the vials. That is nasal only and 15 minute testing time. The problem is I have problems getting the plastic foil of the vials with my increasingly ancient hands. The chemist also said they are getting a lot of complaints about those foil lids.

I picked up 2 from Tesco pharmacy yesterday and queried which ones they were as I had received the new ones by post. They assured me they were the new ones….but of course, they aren't! And Yes, those new foils are a real pain! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

I picked up 2 from Tesco pharmacy yesterday and queried which ones they were as I had received the new ones by post. They assured me they were the new ones….but of course, they aren't! And Yes, those new foils are a real pain! 

To the opening poster.

I am reading on the RC forum where cruisers are either postponing and in some cases getting refunds because they are not happy with current  Covid protocols for their ports of call which only allow ship organised and very limited excursions 

Which tbh seems fair enough.

I would push your travel agent to allow you to postpone your cruise based on the above as the experience you will enjoy on the cruise is not what you booked 

You wouldn't be asking for a refund. Just the chance to cruise in the future when you could look forward to getting what you paid for 

The worst that can happen is they say no again 

On 10/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, Sir Cumference said:

Hello. I'm booked on a Christmas cruise and have, therefore, paid my balance in full. Now, in light of increasing covid cases (both nationally and on the ships) I am seriously considering cancelling the cruise. My TA has advised that as the balance has been paid, I no longer have the option to transfer to a later cruise.

Could you helpful people let me know what my remaining options are? Am I limited to now either going on the cruise or losing all my money?

Many thanks for your anticipated help 🙂

It has come to light very recently that most insurance policies do not cover quarantine if you are removed from the ship with a negative test if a close contact tests positive. P&O are aware of this and are looking at their protocols as a result. (See the link Covid on Iona for more details). Suggest you speak to your T/A and say you are not happy with this scenario and want them to speak with P&O again about moving your cruise.

It might also be a good idea to email P&O Executive Office (details of email in Covid on Iona) stating you have just found out about this and are not happy to travel at Christmas because you most likely won't be properly insured.  Tell them you would be happy to transfer to travel later once insurance or protocols are sorted and eventualities are covered and say you want to move it despite having paid in full. 

Its certainly worth a go, the worst that will happen is they say no and you go back to square one.

• Like 1