RCL excursion recommendations, unvaccinated kids in Roatan, Cozumel, & Costa Maya?

jrapps

Going on Symphony in a few weeks, my son is 8 and so from what I can tell we have to purchase Royal excursions if we want to get off the ship. The itinerary goes to Costa Maya, Roatan, and Cozumel.

Have you booked any excursions at these ports recently and any that you recommend, especially if you think they are safe for unvaccinated children? 

@jrapps

perhaps, if you tell us what's available, we could help you choose.

I'd probably do a beach break in all of them (that's what we've always done with our kiddo who was 8 the last time we were in all of those locations, but on our own), but sloths in Roatan are very nice as well.

Cruise excursions usually go to Tabyana beach in Roatan, which is right next to Infinity Beach club that we go to. The same stretch of beach. Very nice.

Any excursion to the Mahahual beach stretch in Costa Maya should be good. We usually pay $3pp and take a taxi to Blue Kay beach club - low key and quiet.

We like Playa Palankar in Cozumel - once again, quiet beach time with the kiddo. We don't do AI anyway.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Thanks for the suggestions!

The list of excursions is to long to copy here, I was more looking for a specific recommendation if there was one anyone did that was worth it, or one you specifically remember made you uncomfortable (like don't do excursion XYZ, they cram you all into a tiny room like sardines!)

I'm not too worried about the safety of it...maybe I'd steer clear of something like the submarine ones for social distancing purposes... But I expect most excursions to be just as safe as the ship itself.

We normally don't do excursions at all. More of a walk the shopping village type, but seems that isn't really an option for now.

41 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

We did a beach break in roatan. The place was fine and spacious (empty) but the bus was packed. 

We were looking at the beach breaks but we also go to Coco Cay so that will probably be out beach day.

Has anyone done the Mayan ruins in either Costa Maya or Cozumel? Seems like there are 8 different "ruins" excursions and not much of a difference in the descriptions. Except some are 3 hrs long and some 9hrs long.

My 8yr old wants to be in kids club more than spend time in Mexico. But that's my kids they love kids club.  Seriously my kids would wake up and start begging to go to kids club.  This was on another cruise line and royal has an even better club.  

My kids are 8 and 4.  

I have done mayan ruins in cozumel. Both on the island and on the main land.  
Costa Maya has a pool its part of the port, and much of the port has most everything you need. 
BUT I can say much of that is boring to an 8yr old.  Now the dolphin swim in costa maya would be cool.

The glass bottom boat/submarine tour a boat where you sit in the bottom and look out.