Celebrity excursion in Roatan titled: "Discover Roatan" - has anyone been on this specific excursion?

Zhaan

Hi all!

Celebrity just posted this excursion for my cruise (I copied and pasted it below). 

1. Does anyone know the name of farm or facility you interact with the sloths at?
  2. Is this an excursion where you hold a sloth or do you just look at them?
  3. What did you think of this excursion overall?

Thank you!

Discover roatan

Highlights

• Visit the Freaky Iguana Farm to feed hundreds of different iguanas in their natural habitat.
  • Then, go hang out with some of the more interesting tropical animals on Roatán; monkeys, sloths, and macaws.
  • Enjoy the scenic route on your way to the Macaw Container Center for a shopping opportunity.
  • Continue to the only butterfly sanctuary in Roatan, where you learn the entire metamorphosis of the butterfly and walk among the free-flying residents of this warm greenhouse filled with exotic plants.
  • Get close to other animals there, too, like monkeys and toucans, and interact with them in a safe environment.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes - we did this Discover Roatan in early September - we were on the Celebrity Edge.   We did enjoy it quite a bit.  We went to the sloth/monkey/macaw wildlife place first.  We think it was called "AJ's monkeys and sloths.  It is not a big place, but yes we got to hold the sloths and the monkeys.  We loved it!  I held Sophia and my husband held Turbo.  I think they were siblings - Mom, Victoria, was in the tree.  It seemed like everyone who wanted to hold the sloths, did.  The monkeys were fun as well.  All the staff spoke perfect English as well.  The iguana farm was next.  Seems like that is a small family operation. There were also some vendors selling local things there. We also went to the water and checked out the carp? (huge fish, I think they were carp).  Then, we went to the Macaw place - that was basically a tourist trap. They had people dancing and there were a few stores and the small chocolate factory there.  Nobody got too much here. Then lastly was the butterfly sanctuary. That was kind of cool as well.  Here the monkeys were roaming free, so no holding them here.  I did see the toucan in his cage.  One thing to know -- the "bus" was extremely small and we were tucked in there like sardines.  If this is something that would make you uncomfortable, this tour would not be for you.  It was air conditioned well though. Guide was a local who answered questions people asked about their lives on Roatan.  It has been hit extremely hard by the lack of tourism dollars during the pandemic.  While driving to the places, you can see the abject poverty all around the island.  Gives one a few things to think about. I would recommend it.  Hope this wasn't too late for your trip! ~Karin