Beach with shopping in St Thomas?

conodor

Nothing like last minute... We are docking in a couple hours at  Charlotte Amalie.  The plans i had fell apart.  So now i'm scrambling.  biggest thing, my father is in a portable electric wheelchair.  We discussed Megens bay, but it looks like there's limited or no shopping.  

Can anyone give a suggestion for a beach with shopping, similar to St Marteen? or should i just hit Megen's bay. then have our (just the 13 of us) shuttle stop someplace elese on the way back to the ship?

Thanks all!

22 minutes ago, conodor said:

Nothing like last minute... We are docking in a couple hours at  Charlotte Amalie.  The plans i had fell apart.  So now i'm scrambling.  biggest thing, my father is in a portable electric wheelchair.  We discussed Megens bay, but it looks like there's limited or no shopping.  

Can anyone give a suggestion for a beach with shopping, similar to St Marteen? or should i just hit Megen's bay. then have our (just the 13 of us) shuttle stop someplace elese on the way back to the ship?

Thanks all!

3E20C8ED-E890-4EF3-861B-921A139A1B5F.thumb.png.a6ae69a101b36d9e68ae975ff21e7d66.png

1 hour ago, conodor said:

Thanks all!

No beach with shopping, and most cookie cutter tours will already be booked.
For 13 ppl you will want to hook up with a taxi coordinator rapt the dock and hire a taxi by the hour or day. Sapphire, Secret Harbor and Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) are the easiest beaches to access with amenities and restaurants…

Edited by blue_water

Thanks for the last minute help!  Megens bay was great for the chair.  A ramp right to the Beach.   Sand was firm enough to drive over to a table with some shade. My father loved it. No shopping. But our buss driver dropped us off downtown for some shopping. Good enough to please everyone

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 8:42 AM, traceytd said:

3E20C8ED-E890-4EF3-861B-921A139A1B5F.thumb.png.a6ae69a101b36d9e68ae975ff21e7d66.png

You've had good experience with this company?  Usually book through cruise line for various reasons but STT excursion options are noticeably thin on my upcoming cruise, so looking to branch out, but would still rather have something booked in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, PMGS247 said:

You've had good experience with this company?  Usually book through cruise line for various reasons but STT excursion options are noticeably thin on my upcoming cruise, so looking to branch out, but would still rather have something booked in advance.

Great question. I will be there in 2 weeks. Still planning as well. Thanks