Sun - AC cabin or 2 BC cabins for family of 4

jtryan

Hello all,

We are in the process of re-planning our Mardi Gras cruise for February 2007. We were originally booked for the Sun to sail out of New Orleans on 2/26 but the storm blew those plans away. We are now thinking about re-booking for next Mardi Gras and are considering booking 2 adjoining BC cabins for our family of 4 instead of the original AC cabin we booked. The price difference is about $1300. Are the perks in the AC worth the added price? Is the extra bathroom more convenient? Is there a tub in the BC cabins?

Thanks for any advice.

roxanne

Hello all,

We are in the process of re-planning our Mardi Gras cruise for February 2007. We were originally booked for the Sun to sail out of New Orleans on 2/26 but the storm blew those plans away. We are now thinking about re-booking for next Mardi Gras and are considering booking 2 adjoining BC cabins for our family of 4 instead of the original AC cabin we booked. The price difference is about $1300. Are the perks in the AC worth the added price? Is the extra bathroom more convenient? Is there a tub in the BC cabins?

Thanks for any advice.

roxanne

If two BC cabins are truly $1,300.00 less than one AC cabin that would make my decision for me. $1,300.00 is a lot of money that could be used towards excursions (and for that matter the bar tab :eek: ). But, I find it hard to believe the price difference is that high considering third and fourth person occupancy in an AC.

As for the perks, there are advantageses and disadvantages. The major advantage is the services of the concierege to make/changing dining reservations for you. The other major advantage is priority embarkation.

I do not know about the extra bathroom in an AC but the BC only has a shower (No tub).

PE

PE

The price quote I was given was $4065 for 2 BC cabins with 2 occupants each or $5365 for one AC with 4 occupants. That is $1300 difference.

Thanks for your opinion anyway.

As I stated in my post.....

"If two BC cabins are truly $1,300.00 less than one AC cabin that would make my decision for me. $1,300.00 is a lot of money that could be used towards excursions (and for that matter the bar tab :eek: ).But, I find it hard to believe the price difference is that high considering third and fourth person occupancy in an AC."

PE<---you are welcome for my opinion anyway...$1,300 would have made my decision like I said...:confused:

Archived