Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test 48hours prior to Embarking

lpisarski

Just hoping to help others not go through what I did. 

We are leaving on a cruise on Saturday, as the rules state, we had to order two COVID 19 test kits prior to traveling to where we are embarking from. We brought the tests with us and my BF logged on his computer and completed the process with someone virtually. Everything went perfectly.We logged off the website that my BF was doing his test on. I signed with my credentials on the website and thought it was fine. I was told I was logged in under my boyfriend’s  account. 

Lesson number 1: If you are using the same computer, the first person has to add the rest of the family members under his actual account. The person doing the virtual testing process, will then verify with the owner of the account to ensure others are supposed to be on it. You will be able to then finish the rest of the family members testing. 

Unless:)….. 😂

When you are told to take the testing material out of it’s packaging while the virtual assistant watches on the webcam, be extra careful. There’s a card that actually is part of the test plus the long swab. Don’t be like me: Unknowingly, I touched the left part of the test card with a window are on it. I was told I contaminated the kit and couldn’t take the test. We were told to go get a home COVID test kit at Walgreens and another we did.

We log back in and talk to the virtual assistant again, and was then told the COVID kit I bought was not acceptable to use. It was the same brand as the one we got through a link on Carnival.com.

I called someone at Carnival and was told I was out of luck since she insisted that I would have to be mailed a test kit. I reiterated that we were staying at a hotel in a port. Then I was told I could get a Rapid Test at a local clinic. $95. I was finally able to do it and obtain proof of a negative test. (I’ve actually had all 3 shots) 😀

I just don’t want anyone to have to go through what I went through. Just be careful while opening the test kits that you are sent. I’m not mad. Stuff happens 

Happy Cruising 

There are numerous videos of cruisers who have recorded themselves actually doing the test, along with many discussions on here regarding adding other people etc.

So yes it is a good lesson to make sure you are following the directions, and have a back up plan.

I am very glad you were able to obtain a test there!!  Many others have not been so lucky…..

We are doing the home test kit again next month.  The first time is definitely a learning curve for sure!!  This time we are going to use two different devices to complete our tests so we don’t have to worry about anything!

After all of this I do hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

• Like 1

My daughter and I did the home test kit today without issues. But she's 18, so I did mine 1st (she wasn't up yet) then walked her through hers to help avoid instruction errors as it was very hard to understand some of the agents. They were all very friendly but we struggled a bit.

1 hour ago, lpisarski said:

Just hoping to help others not go through what I did. 

We are leaving on a cruise on Saturday, as the rules state, we had to order two COVID 19 test kits prior to traveling to where we are embarking from. We brought the tests with us and my BF logged on his computer and completed the process with someone virtually. Everything went perfectly.We logged off the website that my BF was doing his test on. I signed with my credentials on the website and thought it was fine. I was told I was logged in under my boyfriend’s  account. 

Lesson number 1: If you are using the same computer, the first person has to add the rest of the family members under his actual account. The person doing the virtual testing process, will then verify with the owner of the account to ensure others are supposed to be on it. You will be able to then finish the rest of the family members testing. 

Unless:)….. 😂

When you are told to take the testing material out of it’s packaging while the virtual assistant watches on the webcam, be extra careful. There’s a card that actually is part of the test plus the long swab. Don’t be like me: Unknowingly, I touched the left part of the test card with a window are on it. I was told I contaminated the kit and couldn’t take the test. We were told to go get a home COVID test kit at Walgreens and another we did.

We log back in and talk to the virtual assistant again, and was then told the COVID kit I bought was not acceptable to use. It was the same brand as the one we got through a link on Carnival.com.

I called someone at Carnival and was told I was out of luck since she insisted that I would have to be mailed a test kit. I reiterated that we were staying at a hotel in a port. Then I was told I could get a Rapid Test at a local clinic. $95. I was finally able to do it and obtain proof of a negative test. (I’ve actually had all 3 shots) 😀

I just don’t want anyone to have to go through what I went through. Just be careful while opening the test kits that you are sent. I’m not mad. Stuff happens 

Happy Cruising 

So if we were to each do the test on our own computer then this would not be an issue?

10 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

So if we were to each do the test on our own computer then this would not be an issue?

My daughter and I both used my computer after we had each created our accounts through the Navica app it had us download on our individual phones.

Then we were able to each log in for our tests individually on my laptop.
we just tested yesterday for our cruise tomorrow.

• Thanks 1