RSS Explorer Grand Suite Question - First Time Cruisers

Savoia02

Hello - my husband and I are booked on the RSS Explorer for our honeymoon in November and this is the first cruise ever for both of us. We are booked in Grand Suite 785, but I have been doing research to make sure this is the grand suite that we want as I know the layouts are different on each deck - trying to choose btwn 1200, 901/2 and 785. I'd love a larger interior but I believe 785 has a smaller interior and larger deck. This is for a Caribbean cruise, so wondering if the wind will be an issue for the forward facing cabins like 1200 and if the smaller bedrooms with the slanted windows and location under pool deck are actually an issue for the 901/2 rooms. Help! I've been reading all these boards but its so hard to decide what grand suite to choose, and since its our honeymoon and first cruise I want our experience to be amazing. Any photos you can share or reviews/info on these particular suites would be very much appreciated. 

Hi. We left Grand Suite 784 on Splendor yesterday, which basically is identical to 785 on Explorer. It was a great suite. The living room is slightly dark due to a dark colour scheme, and a relatively small window. 

The bedroom and the principal bathroom are both very spacious with lots of light. The bathtub is huge. And yes, the outdoor space is huge. It was late summer in the Mediterranean, so we didn't really make much use of the deck, as it often was a bit too cold and windy. However, we have previously been in a front suite, and definitely prefer the aft suites like 784 + 785, as the terraces are more useable. 

The second bathroom in the suite is very convenient. 

We did experience some vibration in the suite depending on speed and weather conditions, but nothing too bad. When the ship is docking or leaving, everything stakes and vibrates for +/- 15 minutes, but in the morning it is usually around the time, where we have to get up anyway, so no big deal. 

Just let me know if have any questions. I attach some photos

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

• Thanks 1

We've been in 1201 and 784, both times in the caribbean.   784 does have more space, so if you are entertaining friends/family while on board it's great to have a dinner party out on the deck.       

1201, as long as you aren't too sensitive to the ocean movement, we'd maybe pick above 784 depending on itinerary.  Being at the front of the ship as you enter or leave each port was really nice.  The master bath shower actually has a window that looks outside, don't worry they have blinds if you are in port.   The balcony did get windy at times out at sea, but being able to sit out and get some sun from the privacy of our balcony was nice.  Also 784 has solid metal railings while 1201 has glass, so the views while sitting out aren't as good.   

Lastly 1201 the location closer to the pool bar was nice 🙂.  Really can't go wrong with either though!