Club class dining on emerald princess.

springhilldr

1 hour ago, springhilldr said:

Is it worth the extra cost? What sort of tableside preparation is there?

I'm not sure they're doing any tableside prep during covid restrictions. I think I saw it somewhere that they aren't. 

When we had it, there was a special dish for each meal. Breakfast seemed to be some sort of crepe, which was fine with us. 

You do get better service in club class, and we always got a table for two next to a window. That's our first choice.

Only you can say if it's worth the extra cost to you. We've only had it once, and we thought it was very nice. Our favorite cabins are the forward corner minis on Royal class ships, so we'd spring for the extra bucks for that every time. It's doubtful that we ever would book a club class mini on a non-Royal ship or book one on a Royal class that wasn't one of our favorites.

Is it worth the extra cost? We think so. Even before COVID-19, the "extra" side dishes did not empress. Its the extra service you receive that makes Club Class special. Never having to wait to be seated was great. 

No table side currently on the Emerald but they are still providing an “extra” dish during dinner. 

The best perk, in my opinion, is the “front of the line” turnaround on Club Class orders in and out of the kitchen. Very quick service. 

is it worth it? To us it is. YMMV. 

In my opinion its not worth it but my husband thinks so. The extra dishes are not the appeal. But  it is the best of both set time dining and anytime dining. You get the same servers but at times that are convenient for you depending on what you did that day,  no waiting. And as Bgwest stated the service is quicker.

• Like 1