NCL BOGO Air - Can you choose arrival/departure dates?

amypintx

We’re looking at a Med cruise out of Rome for 2023 with the BOGO air deal. My question is can we pick an earlier date of arrival or later departure if we wanted to have a few days to sightsee in Rome before or after the cruise?

Up to 2 days before and /or after.  You may have to pay a small fee, although recently they gave people credits for requesting a deviation.

And no guarantee that you'll get an extra day - you might fly in late or leave early.

• Thanks 1

We were actually able to come in 3 days prior and still utilized the bogo air deal. We booked our hotel through NCL, so I don't know if that made a difference. However, the hotel was $350 less per night through NCL (NYE Times Square), so it was a no brainer.

• Thanks 1

How do you book a couple days earlier? We are going to finalize our cruise tonight (it's on hold right now) but I don't see anything asking if you want to come in early or leave late (I know there is a fee). I am assuming since our cruise embarks out if Colon Panama and disembarks from San Diego our flights will not be round trip from Panama. Am I correct in that assumption? 

Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, Mom2CrazyKids said:

How do you book a couple days earlier? We are going to finalize our cruise tonight (it's on hold right now) but I don't see anything asking if you want to come in early or leave late (I know there is a fee). I am assuming since our cruise embarks out if Colon Panama and disembarks from San Diego our flights will not be round trip from Panama. Am I correct in that assumption? 

Thanks! 

Can't do the deviation online.  Need to book first then call NCL to add the deviation before and/or after.

If the departing port and ending port are different, it'll not be roundtrip flights (you'd hope not), but flights to and from those port cities.

13 minutes ago, Mom2CrazyKids said:

Thanks! 

Once you book your cruise, you can change your arrival/departure info.  You can change your gateways 91 days out, your date deviation 76 days out.

Your flights will not be round-trip - you will fly home from San Diego.

1 hour ago, Middleager said:

If the departing port and ending port are different, it'll not be roundtrip flights (you'd hope not), but flights to and from those port cities.

It's possible that even on a closed-loop cruise you'll have different airlines.  I did in 2019.  They book the best rates they can, even if it means different carriers.

41 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

How far ahead can you request this? I know for our 2023 Prima cruise we will want to do some time before and after.

As long as you do it at least 75 days before the cruise you're good.

• Like 1