ArriveCAN

GeriatricNurse

29 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Phew…I created a fake trip and it all worked out. My QR image wasn’t there, but was easy enough to upload again.  I’m presuming that my previous fake info disappeared. I think I should do this on a monthly basis to become familiar with the challenges.  Then, when I really need to do it, I won’t panic, and of course hope that it’s not needed by the time my trip comes up.   Thanks again, that was a good suggestion.  

You're very welcome. I'm always happy to help solve a mystery! 😊  

Non cruise question about ArriveCan app.

I added my son to the app as I was preparing for our December cruise.

I need to use the app if I do a day trip to Watertown.

If I delete his name off the app do I have to readd it afterward for our next trip?

I'm sure it won't be that annoying but I'm worried his vaccination documents and info will need to be re added.

thanks

38 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Non cruise question about ArriveCan app.

I added my son to the app as I was preparing for our December cruise.

I need to use the app if I do a day trip to Watertown.

If I delete his name off the app do I have to readd it afterward for our next trip?

I'm sure it won't be that annoying but I'm worried his vaccination documents and info will need to be re added.

thanks

The design of the app appears to have a trip-by-trip approach and you enter and submit the pertinent information each time. For the principal, in this case you, there's no need to reenter information, but if you vary travelling partners from trip to trip, their information needs to be entered and deleted as you go.

It would be nice if they updated the app so that all the biodata for all travellers could be saved, then for each trip, you could designate which other travellers are accompanying the principal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

The design of the app appears to have a trip-by-trip approach and you enter and submit the pertinent information each time. For the principal, in this case you, there's no need to reenter information, but if you vary travelling partners from trip to trip, their information needs to be entered and deleted as you go.

It would be nice if they updated the app so that all the biodata for all travellers could be saved, then for each trip, you could designate which other travellers are accompanying the principal.

Thank you for the response.

I figured that was the case but since I've never used the app for real I wanted to make sure.

I'm just a little excited to be able to travel 🙂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CaptFantastic said:

I returned home via Montreal from Europe this weekend. No one asked to see the ArriveCan receipt. Not sure if the data is tied to your passport (ie once they scan your passport does it show them the ArriveCan info) or if they only ask to see if randomly.

The first time I re-entered Canada via the Peace Bridge, the officer mentioned she could see I had filled out the ArriveCAN app so didn’t need to see the receipt. This was back when they were doing mandatory PCR testing upon entry so the next officer, who wasn’t in a kiosk, asked to see all my documents, including the ArriveCAN receipt.  The next time, via Ganonoque, there was no longer mandatory testing but the process was reversed. Before you got to the kiosks there were officers on foot checking documents and ArriveCAN receipts. Third re-entry, back at the Peace Bridge, no officers on foot but the one in the kiosk could see my ArriveCAN entry. Basically, if they are at the computer they can see your info so they’re not going to ask you for it.