Embarkation and "B2B" Days under Covid

DCPIV

Howdy! 

We're set to be aboard Whisper 12/2-12/17, which is a B2B from Fort Lauderdale to Bridgetown, Barbados and then back.  We have a couple questions about how embarkation day in Fort Lauderdale and the "in transit" day in Bridgetown will go.

1. There's no boarding until 2PM.  Like so many, we're flying into FLL a day early.  We're fine with finding something to do between checking out of the hotel and checking in with the ship, but we're wondering about our options.  Is there a good place to cool one's heels at the terminal should we get antsy and wish to arrive at the terminal significantly before 2PM?

2. We're required to be out of our suite by 8AM the day we are in Bridgetown.  We are "invited to enjoy breakfast or venture ashore."  There are only 3 excursions on offer at the moment, and none of them appeal to us.  We would've been alright with wandering around Bridgetown, but Barbados is one of those ports that requires ship-sponsored excursions.  Does anyone know what options there are to stay on board?  Is lunch, pool bar, spa, etc. open, or is the ship pretty much shut down from breakfast until 2 PM?

We're confident that we'll have a fine time and that SS still takes care of their guests, but these came up when we got the Covid protocol email this morning.

I apologize if this is answered somewhere else.  I poked around a little and couldn't find anything.

Cheers, y'all, and Happy Sailing!

I honestly do not know what will be offered while we are in Bridgetown, but can speak from experience about what happened aboard the Moon in June. We had to vacate our suites and then we were permitted to stay in the Panorama until noonish, when we had to get off and go thru the nasal swab testing before reboarding.

We were not permitted to wander the ship. Nothing was open to us. There were drinks available at the bar, but nothing to eat. We entertained ourselves.

We had not signed up for the excursion as we had done it before. 

To reiterate, this was months ago, and we were the first group aboard the Moon. I do not know if any changes have been made.

Edited by spinnaker2

Hi, I am sailing with you as well🙂,,,,,,to your question about boarding......you can get to the port early but depending on which pier she is docked in? Not sure where she will be so don't know what the set up will be for early arrivals.

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I am sailing with you as well🙂,,,,,,to your question about boarding......you can get to the port early but depending on which pier she is docked in? Not sure where she will be so don't know what the set up will be for early arrivals.

According to Port Everglades website both Silver Moon and Silver Whisper should leave from berth 4! I do not know whether it is feasible to accommodate both ships from the same berth knowing that the Whisper leaves at 7pm and the Moon at 10pm. I will be on the Moon but have not received my cruise ticket yet. I was wondering whether the boarding time could be delayed to late afternoon in order all the Whisper pax being taken care of before. I assume the same ground staff will take care of both ships. Am I correct?

A few thoughts. Whisper has far fewer pax than Moon.

In completing the forms on MySilversea there are boarding time slots that one may select to board for the Whisper. 

Berth 4 looks pretty big on the map.

Re cruise tickets, these will be online for you to print, at MySilversea, if I recall.

Nothing is sent in hard copy at the moment.

15 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

A few thoughts. Whisper has far fewer pax than Moon.

In completing the forms on MySilversea there are boarding time slots that one may select to board for the Whisper. 

Berth 4 looks pretty big on the map.

Re cruise tickets, these will be online for you to print, at MySilversea, if I recall.

Nothing is sent in hard copy at the moment.

Hi Spins, where on Mysilversea are boarding times? I am looking at the documents and do not see anything referring to picking a time slot.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Where did you find that they are in terminal 4? Trying to look at the Port Everglades website........I must be looking in the wrong place😲

You need to download the Everglades app which show 30 days of departure/arrival at Port Everglades.

2 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

You need to download the Everglades app which show 30 days of departure/arrival at Port Everglades.

Oh....it is not on a laptop? You have to do it on your phone?

3 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

I have the same question as Lois!

The only thing I do see is "boarding" and it says 14.00  (2:00). But no options are given for any other times.

24 minutes ago, Lois R said:

The only thing I do see is "boarding" and it says 14.00  (2:00). But no options are given for any other times.

We have the same with a red asterisk next to it.  For the time being, I'm going to take that as I good sign that we'll be up for boarding at that time.  I don't know about you, but I do not intend to make it later.

44 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We have the same with a red asterisk next to it.  For the time being, I'm going to take that as I good sign that we'll be up for boarding at that time.  I don't know about you, but I do not intend to make it later.

Hi🙂 oh.....I will probably arrive closer to 1:45🙂........just so you know, there will be a Rapid Covid Test before anything else. 

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi🙂 oh.....I will probably arrive closer to 1:45🙂........just so you know, there will be a Rapid Covid Test before anything else. 

I expect we'll be there early, too. We get antsy. 

That said, if we have lunch at LauderAle, I might be content to finish my beer. 

17 minutes ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Hello, for those boarding in Florida and not coming from out of the country, is Silversea requesting any Covid-19 testing prior to arrival at Whisper?  Thanks.  My voyage starts January 5th on the Whisper.

Hi, the cruise line has been doing the rapid tests at the port so no, you don't need to get a test prior to your arrival.

10 hours ago, DCPIV said:

May I ask you on which document you see a red asterisk next to the boarding time?

3 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

Lois, This is a screen shot of the Everglades app as of this morning Swiss time

image.thumb.png.daccf2b7150ad498afde337f7fe03551.png

Good morning, thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.🙂

3 hours ago, SSCAF001 said:

May I ask you on which document you see a red asterisk next to the boarding time?

Good morning, if you go to your Mysilversea and click on the booking tab, there will be another tab that says "Guest Information Form"........all your information should be on that one and if you scroll down, below your "Emergency Contact Information",  (well, that is where it shows on mine) it says, "Boarding Hours"   14.00.  I don't have a red asterisk on it but the time is definitely there.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, if you go to your Mysilversea and click on the booking tab, there will be another tab that says "Guest Information Form"........all your information should be on that one and if you scroll down, below your "Emergency Contact Information",  (well, that is where it shows on mine) it says, "Boarding Hours"   14.00.  I don't have a red asterisk on it but the time is definitely there.

Thanks Lois. Since I have uploaded our vaccine certificate onto "MySilversea" the "guest information form" has disappeared. Now I just have our 2 vaccine certificates + Air ticket. I guess I will get the detailed boarding time as soon as I receive my cruise ticket by email. It should be anytime now. Have you received yours?

48 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

Thanks Lois. Since I have uploaded our vaccine certificate onto "MySilversea" the "guest information form" has disappeared. Now I just have our 2 vaccine certificates + Air ticket. I guess I will get the detailed boarding time as soon as I receive my cruise ticket by email. It should be anytime now. Have you received yours?

Hi, yes I got my e-ticket this morning. I am surprised your documents are no longer there. It is above my covid stuff on there.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi, yes I got my e-ticket this morning. I am surprised your documents are no longer there. It is above my covid stuff on there.

Thanks. Have you been able to get additional information regarding Spinnaker2 comments "In completing the forms on MySilversea there are boarding time slots that one may select to board for the Whisper."?

13 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

Thanks. Have you been able to get additional information regarding Spinnaker2 comments "In completing the forms on MySilversea there are boarding time slots that one may select to board for the Whisper."?

Hi, no time slots on any of my paperwork. The time listed is 14.00 (2.00)

• Like 1