Binax now question

megs193

2 hours ago, Betsynh said:

Since I’m traveling with my husband, do we EACH need the Navica app and separate appointments or can we do the testing back to back with the same eMed observer. Any idea? That wasn’t addressed in the video above. Thanks!

You each need your own account and appointments.  You will each have 2 different proctors during the process.  One will help you administer the test and then they go away.  15 minutes later someone else comes on and verifies the test result.  You have to keep the test untouched in front of the camera during that 15 minute processing time as it’s being monitored or recorded, but you can get up and walk around as long as you’re back within 15 mins.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

Lower left corner of the box. 

2113ED1C-9493-4C31-B4FA-B89A833A9907.jpeg

Thanks for the image.  My boxes definitely do not have.  Perhaps I should be concerned, but I purchased from the link on the Royal Caribbean website.  I think the link took me to the Optimum website to purchase.  The package even included a letter with a Royal Caribbean heading.  Also the boxes and enclosed information do indicate that a live online proctor is required.  All this testing stuff is definitely confusing, yet many people do seem to be working it out and cruising every week seemingly without issues.  Thank you for sharing.

Edited by swdke

48 minutes ago, swdke said:

Thanks for the image.  My boxes definitely do not have.  Perhaps I should be concerned, but I purchased from the link on the Royal Caribbean website.  I think the link took me to the Optimum website to purchase.  The package even included a letter with a Royal Caribbean heading.  Also the boxes and enclosed information do indicate that a live online proctor is required.  All this testing stuff is definitely confusing, yet many people do seem to be working it out and cruising every week seemingly without issues.  Thank you for sharing.

Does it have a seal with a QR code on the box or sleeve that says do not open? If so, you should still be good. 

3 hours ago, SkaterJasp said:

Does it have a seal with a QR code on the box or sleeve that says do not open? If so, you should still be good. 

Yes it does have a seal and a sleeve stating not to open.

1 hour ago, swdke said:

Yes it does have a seal and a sleeve stating not to open.

You should be fine than. That’s the real difference between the teledoc version and the over the counter one you would find in stores. Really important you don’t open it until they tell you to in the teledoc session. Everything you need to start the visit is on the box. 

On 11/7/2021 at 7:48 AM, ltcpda said:

This two day testing procedure has become worrisome.  Has anyone knowledge if the Navica App works properly?.  Are proctors available 24/7?  What is the wait time?

Do we have a choice to use our laptops for the BinaxNow test and avoid the App?  

No need to worry.  It's pretty easy to do (especially if you've seen that YouTube video).  The app works fine, but I didn't really bother with it.  It was nice to have as a backup, but I just printed the results that came via email shortly after completing the test.

Proctors are available 24/7.  When I did it about a month ago, the wait time was virtually nil.  That's what others continue to report.  I'm doing the test again tomorrow, and I expect the same.