Princess Free Europe Flight and Transfers deal

DeclanDiamond

So, Princess currently have the above deal on until 20 December for 2022 Europe fly/cruises. However, I can't find any that start and end at the same port! Barcelona to Rome, Athens to Barcelona, Rome to Athens etc. This may be great for the majority of people particularly using UK mainland airports, but with no flights from here in Northern Ireland from one or either ports our only option is flying from Dublin, Ireland, which is a 3 hour drive away and still restricted with either single daily flights or at bad return times. For example, great flight times out to Barcelona... but 9pm flights back to Dublin from Rome (and then a 3 hour drive home). Many of them being 1 stop too! I can't see why, like other cruise lines, they can't start and end at the same port.... RANT OVER.

Edited by DeclanDiamond

I also looked at this and found that any flights I looked at 

Either, had prolonged journeys owing to 1 or mostly 2 stopovers. Would be very lucky for the luggage to arrive at the same end destination at the same time as we arrived.

Or. had terrible timings....very early starts or very late arrivals.

Or both the above.

These are not meant to be long haul flights where I expect some degree of inconvenience but are to relatively close destinations.

If we want one of these cruises we would be better booking our own direct flights. Flexible on any Northern England airport.

There may be some suitable flights for Heathrow or Gatwick but for us .......if it looks too good to be true...etc.

Hope they suit some folks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, postcardswansea said:

We have been able to take advantage of this offer, and managed to get some decent flights - as long as we get to keep them!  Our regional airport had only crazy indirect options, but we switched the search to London and had a few decent time / carrier choices.

Great, which dates/itinerary did you choose? "as long as you get to keep them." Why shouldn't you?

Did you get "flexible" flights and did you have to pay for baggage or was it included?

Cheers

On 11/5/2021 at 8:45 AM, macsford said:

I also looked at this and found that any flights I looked at 

Either, had prolonged journeys owing to 1 or mostly 2 stopovers. Would be very lucky for the luggage to arrive at the same end destination at the same time as we arrived.

Or. had terrible timings....very early starts or very late arrivals.

Or both the above.

These are not meant to be long haul flights where I expect some degree of inconvenience but are to relatively close destinations.

If we want one of these cruises we would be better booking our own direct flights. Flexible on any Northern England airport.

There may be some suitable flights for Heathrow or Gatwick but for us .......if it looks too good to be true...etc.

Hope they suit some folks.

Cheers.

This deal suits because we live in Northern Ireland but the only flights included go from Dublin, which has less flight offerings than the bigger UK airports anyway. But we have found a few with direct flights now. Not sure how the "restricted or flexible" options work though, seeing as they are "free" anyway.

I need to clarify with them though as far as I can see the conditions state that there is ATOL protection of the cruise package if going from UK airports. I don't know that affects us living in the UK but flying from/to Ireland.

OK, after spending the last month trying to identify a suitable cruise, I have now got a shortlist of two: Rome to Athens on 7 May and Athens to Barcelona on 27 August.

However, the wife is now having second thoughts after reading reports of people being refused embarkation because one person on their transfer bus had tested positive at the port testing procedure. NOT SURE WHICH CRUISE LINE IT WAS. To be fair to her, the fear is not contracting COVID19 now that we have had our 3 jabs, but is being refused embarkation so far away from home because of someone else!

Does anyone else have this fear?