Star 8/14/2022 now a 10 day cruise

MagnoliaBlossom

Got an email this morning that our 11 day sailing is now a 10 day due to port availability.  We were to have overnighted in Reyjakvik on the last day, and now we will depart on arrivalin Reyjakvik.   Hotels are so expensive there that it will add a good bit to the vacation, as we will now spend three nights there rather than just the two.  But we do want to see certain sites, so that’s just how it will have to be.

• 4 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 4:18 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Got an email this morning that our 11 day sailing is now a 10 day due to port availability.  We were to have overnighted in Reyjakvik on the last day, and now we will depart on arrivalin Reyjakvik.   Hotels are so expensive there that it will add a good bit to the vacation, as we will now spend three nights there rather than just the two.  But we do want to see certain sites, so that’s just how it will have to be.

What is the missing port?

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

What is the missing port?

No port missing, they lost the overnight in port in Reykjavik. Incidentally, the next cruise gained the overnight in Reykjavik as the Star departs on Aug 25th at 6pm. Both the disembarkation and embarkation will occur on Aug 24th.

Norwegian Prima is due to arrive in Reykjavik on Aug 25th at 07:00. Perhaps this is why NCL needs the Star passengers to disembark/embark and be out of the way (meaning luggage, check-ins, boarding, etc) the day before all the fanfare, bells, whistles, and so on.

3 hours ago, AmyRitter said:

We are staying the end of May before our cruise, got 2 nights for about $319 total US currency.  At 22 Hill Hotel.  We got a Tripple room as there will be 3 of us.

I think you posted this in the wrong thread.

7 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

No port missing, they lost the overnight in port in Reykjavik. Incidentally, the next cruise gained the overnight in Reykjavik as the Star departs on Aug 25th at 6pm. Both the disembarkation and embarkation will occur on Aug 24th.

Norwegian Prima is due to arrive in Reykjavik on Aug 25th at 07:00. Perhaps this is why NCL needs the Star passengers to disembark/embark and be out of the way (meaning luggage, check-ins, boarding, etc) the day before all the fanfare, bells, whistles, and so on.

Right, OK thanks.

There has been lots of discussion about the Star/Prima on our Prima roll call, as some people on the Prima were originally booked to return to Southampton on the Star, but they had to adjust their plans as they couldn't be guaranteed embarkation on the 25th.

The Prima is also on the Reykjavik port schedule for the 24th, when we are supposed to be in Isafjordur, so there is some speculation that we could miss that port (there are works going on there apparently) and overnight in Reykjavik.

To be honest, I'm starting to lose track of it all. 🙂

Edited by KeithJenner

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

Right, OK thanks.

There has been lots of discussion about the Star/Prima on our Prima roll call, as some people on the Prima were originally booked to return to Southampton on the Star, but they had to adjust their plans as they couldn't be guaranteed embarkation on the 25th.

The Prima is also on the Reykjavik port schedule for the 24th, when we are supposed to be in Isafjordur, so there is some speculation that we could miss that port (there are works going on there apparently).

To be honest, I'm starting to lose track of it all. 🙂

I do not see Prima in Reykjavik on the 24th .... Faxaflóahafnir - Cruise Ships (faxafloahafnir.is)

Where did you see that?

P.S. You're still going to Isafjordur on the 24th .... Port of Ísafjörður - Cruise Ships (isafjordur.is)

9 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

I do not see Prima in Reykjavik on the 24th .... Faxaflóahafnir - Cruise Ships (faxafloahafnir.is)

Where did you see that?

P.S. You're still going to Isafjordur on the 24th .... Port of Ísafjörður - Cruise Ships (isafjordur.is)

I didn't see it anywhere, it was reported by others. Maybe it has changed now.

For a while we were apparently booked in at both. The assumption was that the Reykjavik booking was there as a precaution, as there were works being done at Isafjordur. Maybe things have been firmed up now, which is why the Star notification has gone out.

To be honest, I'm not following it closely. As long as I get on in Amsterdam I'll be happy whatever happens. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mingo said:

Hotel expense aside, the food is outrageous!  We were there in 2017.  We had fish n chips and a burger for dinner.  We drank water and the bill was 68.00 😳

Oh wow! Looks like we will be sharing meals! Our hotel has breakfast included,  we will be filling up for the day! Lol