Splendor, Athens Round Trip

Gilly

@Gilly I'm so happy that you had a safe and marvelous voyage! We were supposed to be on the Voyager next week, sailing in South Africa, and when Regent cancelled the trip last May, it didn't seem too hopeful for cruising this year. Our recent Tauck cruise on the Seine turned out to be a fabulous alternative for getting back into the world of travel, and it sounds like this cruise did the same for you. I love your positive attitude about the tug boat strike – and @Jimmcdaniel's as well! – and your willingness to be flexible, which is key to travel right now. All the best on your next adventure, wherever it may take you!

Mary

Travel Blog: https://www.themodernpostcard.com

• Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 2:50 PM, Gilly said:

Some stats from the Seven Seas Society cocktail party, which I know you will be waiting for 🤣

410 on board (we think)

165 repeat guests 

76 silver

35 gold

18 platinum

8 titanium

Another lovely evening with cocktails in the Meridian Lounge (we are working our way through the long list!) and then dinner in Chartreuse followed by David Nevin's one man show which was excellent.

Our main observation is that a seven day cruise is way too short!!  (but then we all knew that, didn't we?)

I have heard somewhere that they are not allowing people to sit at the bar on the bar stools. Is this correct?

7 hours ago, cruise-a-holic said:

I have heard somewhere that they are not allowing people to sit at the bar on the bar stools. Is this correct?

It was true when we were on board but such things are changing all the time,

Martha, of course.  It's www.elegantsufficiency.org   Enjoy!   The cruise posts are about a week ago...you might have to go back a few posts to find them, or you can use the 'cruise' tab.  I keep my blog all year long so it covers all sorts of subjects - we are in Berlin right now, for instance.

Edited by Gilly
  • Like 2