Places to Stay in Galveston

sailrprincess

9 hours ago, sailrprincess said:

We have a cruise coming up Feb 2022 out of Galveston TX and I am wondering if anyone has any good hotel recommendations.

Galveston is a resort town, and is priced accordingly.

I just looked at the 4 Hiltons on the island - Looks like they do not have the minimum 2 night stay weekends in Feb (Like they do in the deep summer), but most Saturday nights have 2 or 3 already sold out - and too pricey for me who is just looking for a bed for most pre-cruise stays (I am not looking a resort experience).

And it depends if you are looking for a resort experience, or just a bed to sleep in before your cruise.

If you are just looking for a bed to sleep in, for reasonable rates, you will find more reasonable accommodations near Hobby airport, or the NASA complex (about 45 minutes north of the island) - but well below Houston traffic.

To directly answer your question: I  have stayed in the Hilton Hampton Inn and Homewood suites and found them just fine and met my expectations for those two Hotel chains just fine. They are the least expensive of the 4 Hiltons on the island. The Hilton Hampton is right on the beach, the Homewood Suite is just off the beach.

• Thanks 1

If you're just looking for a cheap room, try Priceline "express deals." I booked a room for 56% off reg. rates. They don't tell you the hotel name until after you book but if you do a little homework you can figure it out. 2 1/2 star Galveston east beach reg. $170 nt. I booked it for $75 nt. for a Friday night next May.  La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Galveston East Beach. Probably not great but I paid twice as much 2 yrs ago for a lot crappier room down by Pleasure Pier (Knights Inn...I would never stay there again!)

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 11:35 PM, RGEDad said:

Galveston is a resort town, and is priced accordingly.

I just looked at the 4 Hiltons on the island - Looks like they do not have the minimum 2 night stay weekends in Feb (Like they do in the deep summer), but most Saturday nights have 2 or 3 already sold out - and too pricey for me who is just looking for a bed for most pre-cruise stays (I am not looking a resort experience).

And it depends if you are looking for a resort experience, or just a bed to sleep in before your cruise.

If you are just looking for a bed to sleep in, for reasonable rates, you will find more reasonable accommodations near Hobby airport, or the NASA complex (about 45 minutes north of the island) - but well below Houston traffic.

To directly answer your question: I  have stayed in the Hilton Hampton Inn and Homewood suites and found them just fine and met my expectations for those two Hotel chains just fine. They are the least expensive of the 4 Hiltons on the island. The Hilton Hampton is right on the beach, the Homewood Suite is just off the beach.

thanks this is very helpful.