Trouble with Check-In - Smeralda

scud85

Hi,

I'm really hoping that someone can help us, because we're in a bit of bother.

So we're due to cruise on the Smeralda on Monday the 08 Nov, in 2 days time. We checked in yesterday evening as it had to be within the 72 hrs window of the cruise.

When we went to download the documents and it said that a problem had occurred and we cannot retrieve the documents and that we must contact customer service.

The problem is that at the exact time that check-in opened, customer service closed, and will not open again until 8am on Monday morning, which is the exact time that we're due to arrive at the cruise terminal for a PCR test.

So it looks like we're checked in,  but we cannot retrieve our tickets or baggage tags and we cannot call Costa to tell them of our problem.

So at the moment we're flying from Dublin to Barcelona, without any tickets for the cruise.

Any advice is massively appreciated. 

Screenshot_20211105-203851_Chrome.jpg

Don't worry about it. Turn up at the at the terminal and speak to someone from Costa. If all else fails call Costa when you get to the terminal. The terminal will know which cabin you are in, just make sure you have your passport to hand. Remember many people will be travelling from all corners of the world to cruise, and they will not have access to printers. You wont be alone.

If i remember correctly Costa Smeralda is home ported in Savona. I would be surprised if no one from Costa is in the terminal, i am assuming it is leaving from their on Monday? 

You could retry to book in online and see what happens, if no luck, take pictures on your mobile and show them on Monday. 

The English speaking phone lines open at 09.00 on Monday, in the meantime stop worrying, and have a good cruise. 

OK, an update to this. The good news is that we got it sorted.

We managed to contact Costa through Facebook and their Messenger system.

They initially told us it was due to an outstanding payment, but once we proved it was paid in full they released the documents. 

Bottom line is that although their Customer Service is closed on a Saturday,  they can still be contacted through Facebook and Instagram.

Good to know!