Looking to try Princess

watsonbeau

4 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Issue #1 is going to be that the terms and conditions differ from country to country, for example UK bookings have a much more restrictive cancellation policy to U.S bookings so what you were trying to do was never going to be simple.

That would have been my thinking, also, if I hadn’t done this numerous times with Holland America, so it can be done.  Just not with Princess.

23 hours ago, watsonbeau said:

Any advice - have previously only sailed with Cunard but appreciate it will be different experience.

Princess have a good variety of itineraries- might be looking at a Panama Canal transit or the Eastern end of the Med.

Might be an obvious question but do they arrange flights for you or is that something to do yourself or TA ?

Thank you 

@watsonbeau, I am terribly sorry that my issues seem to have derailed the original intent of your thread.  That was not my intent and I apologize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Yes, I did try using my parents login but the website wouldn’t allow it.  If it wasn’t so late (and if I’d been feeling well) I would have thought to try switching to a Canadian IP address.  Ideally, I shouldn’t have had to go to those lengths, though.

For the UK booking, I would try calling Princess and see if they can book it for you.  Otherwise, sister will have to step up and do it herself.  (That said, I have read the odd posting in the past here on CC where a Brit has used a US address and booked via a TA).

As for your parents, I have never had a problem logging in to Princess.com with my credentials when in the USA.  Basically, Princess treats US and CAN as the same market.  However, they do an IP address location check and then only display fares in CAD if situated in Canada.  This is quite annoying since other lines offer a "flag/currency" switch and so do other travel sites like airlines.  Anyway, you can book a cruise in CAD or USD for a Canadian guest.  To do it in USD, a Princess agent can do it over the phone, or your own TA can book them.  We use a US-based TA due to great cash discounting off the base fare that you cannot get from Princess.  So, obviously, a Canadian guest can be booked with Princess and in USD if desired.

IDK what you mean when your parents login was not allowed.  If they have a Princess profile with email address and pswd, you should be able to login.  Why not just have a Princess agent or your own TA do the booking?  You will have access to Cruise Personalizer and MC App.