Island Princess Steam/Sauna

BTwurddle

Can anyone advise if Island Princess still has steam rooms and saunas in the locker rooms? We make frequent use of the ones on grand class ships but have never sailed on Island or Coral. Do they have similar facilities or is the coed thermal sanctuary the only options on this ship? Also, could anyone advise if the spa is operating normally now or would these be closed due to covid? Thank you all in advance, happy cruising!

Good question! I love steam and saunas in general. We haven’t cruised since 2016, and I was wondering the same thing.

About the coed thermal spa— funny story. I did not know it was coed (this was in the Ruby). I was basking au naturel in one of the booths when to my amazement a gentleman (in swim trunks) came in and stretched out on a lounger. Now what?? I scrunched down, but how would I ever get out of there?? My towel was on a hook outside. Thankfully the gentleman relaxed and closed his eyes, and in a flash I my was able to snake my arm out, grab the towel, slip it through the door, and become at least halfway presentable. 
so be advised!

• Haha 1

The Island and the Coral do NOT have steam or sauna in the changing rooms like most Grand class ships. They do have a complimentary dry sauna located down a hallway that is private. It has a changing area with lockers and 2 showers. There is a separate sauna for men and women.