Ports - Some Countries Require PCR Test for Entry

DHP1

What happens when you entered a Port (day excursion or walk around) where that Country requires PCR test for entry?

Example - Barbados requires PCR test within 3 days of entry. What about cruise ships?  If I get off the boat for a day, do I required to be tested on the boat first?

A lot depends on their disembarkment rules.  You may not be able to just get off the ship and walk around on your own.  They may have a policy you can only get off with a ship sponsored shore excursion.   They contain you within the shore excursion "bubble" and no testing required.  You may get an exclusion as you were probably needing to be double vaxxed to get on the ship and have some sort of COVID test to get on ship.  Port may allow you to walk around solo then.  You'll need to dig further into your cruise line rules, regulations, and port protocols.  Best of luck. 

14 minutes ago, ALD18 said:

A lot depends on their disembarkment rules.  You may not be able to just get off the ship and walk around on your own.  They may have a policy you can only get off with a ship sponsored shore excursion.   They contain you within the shore excursion "bubble" and no testing required.  You may get an exclusion as you were probably needing to be double vaxxed to get on the ship and have some sort of COVID test to get on ship.  Port may allow you to walk around solo then.  You'll need to dig further into your cruise line rules, regulations, and port protocols.  Best of luck. 

Princess does mention “guided shore excursions” (grey area). However, they don’t mention about walk around. 

Yes, you have to read reeeeeal carefully.  May be a simple as "guided shore excursions only".  I know Barbados does or had some very stringent rules on entering.  Not long ago they shut the cruise port down and were not allowing cruise ships in.  They have since opened back up, but again you'll have to try and decipher what, when, and how shore access will be handled.  May be prudent to contact Princess directly for clarification. 

So by the sound of things, if you don’t book a shore excursion, “you are not allowed off the ship”. 
I wonder how people are aware of this.  I looked at the cost of shore excursions and they are not cheap.  

2 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

So by the sound of things, if you don’t book a shore excursion, “you are not allowed off the ship”. 
I wonder how people are aware of this.  I looked at the cost of shore excursions and they are not cheap.  

That will depend  completely on you ship and ports visited. Don't jump to a broad conclusion based on no facts. Call your cruise line for information.

• Like 1

The “fact is” the Ports I will be visiting all require PCR test prior to entry. Because of that the only way to get off the ship at each Port is by “Guided Tour”. I accept this as it make sense for safety to all. I just wish Princess spells this out more clearly in there website.  

Dependant on when your cruise goes keep an eye on things as the COVID restrictions and guidelines are changing weekly around the glove.  If your cruise is soon go with the expectation of what you learned today will be in affect.  If it is further down the road who knows what the rules and regulations will be then.   

40 minutes ago, ALD18 said:

Dependant on when your cruise goes keep an eye on things as the COVID restrictions and guidelines are changing weekly around the glove.  If your cruise is soon go with the expectation of what you learned today will be in affect.  If it is further down the road who knows what the rules and regulations will be then.   

True