Cruise Regulations

Bob11Don

Does anyone know if you are able to go off the ship if you do not have an excursion booked through Royal?  I had heard awhile ago that it was required to book excursions through them now.  We have been to these islands many times and often just walk off the ship and jump in a taxi to head out where we wish to go.  Our cruise is to the Caribbean Islands

15 minutes ago, Bob11Don said:

Does anyone know if you are able to go off the ship if you do not have an excursion booked through Royal?  I had heard awhile ago that it was required to book excursions through them now.  We have been to these islands many times and often just walk off the ship and jump in a taxi to head out where we wish to go.  Our cruise is to the Caribbean Islands

It depends on the ports 

Go here and you can find out.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Fill in the port that you are leaving from and then scroll down about 10 screens… There will be an area called “Gong Ashore in Ports of Call”

We are going out of San Juan and here is what it says.

Vaccinated Guests
Fully vaccinated parties may book a shore excursion or visit most ports freely — with the exception of those listed below, which will require tours for all guests who wish to go ashore, regardless of their vaccination status.

• St. Lucia (November visits)
  • Barbados (November visits)
  • St. Kitts (November visits)

Hope it helps

Jonathan

Barbados - This is a port requiring a PCR test.   I contacted Barbados and received conflicting information.

My understanding is you need a recent PCR test to be able to circulate on the island freely.

https://www.visitbarbados.org/covid-19-travel-guidelines-2021

St. Kitts,     This is a port requiring PCR tests.   I contacted St. Kitts and Nevis Tourism and was told yes we will have two options.  Obtain an excursion on the ship or opt for one of two panoramic tours of the Island offered by SKTA *St Kitts Tourism.  These can be obtained at the entrance of the pier.    I’m very careful to post fact that I can support.  This next comment I can not find supporting information but I suspect passengers will be able to shop in the port but not leave the shopping area.  We can verify when we get there or ask passengers that have recently been on the island.

St. Lucia,  This again is a port requiring a PCR test.  I have not contacted the travel authority.  From the information provided by Royal Caribbean my previous post this port is in a bubble as well and seem that passengers require to obtain a shore excursion off the ship.

With all of this it can be changed.  It is noted that the RC notes that the requirements are for November and I am aware they update this as Antigua recently was taken off the list.   All of this is in flux, check back on the RC site before your trip to see the updated information is all that can be suggested.    Let’s hope that the requirements are relaxed, if it is possible to visit without causing added risk. 

OntarioCruiser38......While your information is very helpful...let's try to encourage new posters to post in the correct forum to get current information, updates and experiences from the many on these boards.