"All guests are required to overnight aboard ship"

shaolincrane

Just pointing out that it won’t be quite as simple as ‘just fly home’. When you fly into Mexico you get an immigration card that you have to show them when you leave. You won’t have one with a cruise stop. I’m sure you’ll be able to fly back but there might be extra time and expense involved. And don’t forget that if you fly home instead of cruise, you’ll have to arrange for a covid test before you can go home.

Edited by sanger727

11 hours ago, ray98 said:

That has nothing to do with the fact that entering at a land crossing versus by air or sea all have very different requirements.  You must clear immigration if you arrive by plane or boat to receive a FMM visitor card.  Cruise ships have a different process because the visit is only a few hours and you are expected to depart with the ship.

Mexico is not the strict regulations nation that you are making it out to be.

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

Just pointing out that it won’t be quite as simple as ‘just fly home’. When you fly into Mexico you get an immigration card that you have to show them when you leave. You won’t have one with a cruise stop. I’m sure you’ll be able to fly back but there might be extra time and expense involved. And don’t forget that if you fly home instead of cruise, you’ll have to arrange for a covid test before you can go home.

It really is that easy. I've driven to San Ysidro, walked across, went south, flew to other locations and flew back to LAX. Not a single mention of an FMM and all airports/hotels/tour agencies now have tests available for a moderate cost, roughly $35.

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

It has nothing to do with whatever knucklehead mischief a port of call passenger may get into.

If you have an open ended, come & go as you overnight port of call, then it involves scheduling and paying shoreside staff the entire time the gangway is connected to the ship. It's staffing the shoreside security who are checking IDs and sea-passes, and  the longshore people who maintain the gangway.  If everyone (passengers and crew) are all on the ship, then there is no need to pay for these folks.

My point was a 2nd day vetting is no more or less effort or expense than the first day. Especially if the ship has already been notified that you won't be returning for the night. 

This horse turned to leather a long time ago. There seems to be little to gain from bickering further but I'll make sure to update with real time information. 

Thanks to everyone who posted. 

1 hour ago, shaolincrane said:

My point was a 2nd day vetting is no more or less effort or expense than the first day. Especially if the ship has already been notified that you won't be returning for the night. 

The ship doesn't work around your schedule my friend!

On a more harmonious note, your CC name, Shaolin Crane is pretty cool.  

2 hours ago, shaolincrane said:

Mexico is not the strict regulations nation that you are making it out to be.

It really is that easy. I've driven to San Ysidro, walked across, went south, flew to other locations and flew back to LAX. Not a single mention of an FMM and all airports/hotels/tour agencies now have tests available for a moderate cost, roughly $35.

This horse turned to leather a long time ago. There seems to be little to gain from bickering further but I'll make sure to update with real time information. 

Thanks to everyone who posted. 

maybe the west coast is different than the east coast. On the TripAdvisor forum for Cancun people report about losing their immigration form and it being a hassle and expense when they get to the airport to leave. Not enough to not fly back but your $100 flight back could easily turn to $200-$250 w covid testing and immigration form. 

sounds like you are happy with your choice and ok with the possible consequences. Enjoy your trip.