Need Help with Planning

wild1apache

I will be arriving in St. Maartin on May 7th on the Grandeur of the Seas and will be there from 7am-5pm. I am a person who likes to explore on my own rather than take the shore excursions offered by the ship. What I would like to know is basically the MUST DO or MUST SEE things while I am there. I honestly know nothing about this island and want to make the most out of my time. I do like to snorkel. I like to shop a very little- it depends on what type of bargains you can get and what are the MUST HAVE items. That is the type of stuff that I will shop for. Things that are native to the island. I do like to see the city and see my surroundings. I would rather see sights than lounge on the beach all day. I do like the beach though and if that is the main point of the island then that is where I will be! I just want a little insight from anyone who knows the island. Thanks!! I look forward to the responses.

You and I are looking for exactly the same thing! I also like a little swimming/snorkeling with a bit of shopping thrown in, but my main interest is seeing the island! Im currently looking for a tour guide, many here have recommended Joyce Prince http://www.joyceprince.com/ , but unfortunately she is already booked for the day we will be in port. Thats not until November, so should you find yourself interested in her tour, I suggest contacting her right away.

Good luck and enjoy your day! It will be our first time here too and Im really looking forward to it.

Archived