Terminal A Miami parking

Morecruisesplz

The official port parking web page doesn’t say anything about making reservations, so probably not. https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp. When I’ve parked at Port Miami it hasn’t been an issue getting a spot. The port parking rates are so high probably a lot of people use the off site parking operators that charge less (and who do take reservations).

Only thing I'll note is that they did not put enough handicap-accessible parking spaces in this facility.  While finding a spot for a regular vehicle is easy (and REALLY easy for "green" vehicles, which have way too much dedicated space, IMO), if you show up past noon, it can be impossible to find a handicap/accessible spot.  

• 2 weeks later...

When parking at Terminal A for Royal Caribbean, is it a reasonable walk to the ship with your luggage or do you need to take a shuttle?

Also, is it a good option to drop someone off with the luggage at the ship, park your car and then join them?

Thanks!

The parking ramp is attached to the terminal.  

Enter the ramp, go up to the second floor and stop by the elevators to give the porters your luggage (you can't miss them), then go park.  

When you take the elevator down from the parking ramp, it opens on the other side so you're literally on the sidewalk in front of the terminal.  

No shuttle, no dropping people/luggage off first -- just enter the ramp and do it all from there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

The parking ramp is attached to the terminal.  

Enter the ramp, go up to the second floor and stop by the elevators to give the porters your luggage (you can't miss them), then go park.  

When you take the elevator down from the parking ramp, it opens on the other side so you're literally on the sidewalk in front of the terminal.  

No shuttle, no dropping people/luggage off first -- just enter the ramp and do it all from there.

Excellent; thanks so much for the great information!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ktbr11crs said:

Excellent; thanks so much for the great information!

You're very welcome.  I love to pass along things to folks here, because I've learned so much here myself!

I'm actually impressed with the thought that Royal put into the parking ramp.  Doing the luggage drop-off in the ramp itself helps to reduce the congestion on the street level, and having the ramp's elevator open on the other side at ground level so you don't have to cross the street is also very convenient / safe.

Now if we could just get them to improve the signage for their arrival time lines....