YTD question

yuki5900

My husband and I like having dinner in the dining room and joining a larger table (6-8) of people we don't know so we can meet new people.  The last few years we've met with decreasing success, with the maitre d' frequently telling us there were no such tables to join.  With the new check-in procedures involving the hub app, is this going to be even more problematic?  Thanks for any input!

When you check in on the hub app, there is an option you can select at the bottom about whether you want to share a table with others or sit by yourself.  Here is my experience from my cruise last month.  I always selected to sit with others because I like to meet others as well and I was cruising solo.  The first night, they sat me by myself at a table for 2 but next to a nice couple that were outgoing so we chatted.  Another night, they sat me at a table for 6-8 but never sat anyone else with me so there I was all by myself at this big table.  I did manage to get seated with 2 other couples one night.  So, it was kind of hit or miss for me.

• Like 1