Explora Journeys Booking - First Impression

kelleherdl

1 hour ago, sasejm said:

I used a VPN and changed the location to Singapore from the USA and somehow it used the USD for the price, which didn't change anything.

Probably because they don't price any cruises in SGD.  Try somewhere in the Euro-zone after clearing out your cookies.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Probably because they don't price any cruises in SGD.  Try somewhere in the Euro-zone after clearing out your cookies.

I cleared out all cookies, used Germany and the price was cheaper by $1278.00. Thank you FlyerTalker.

Edited by sasejm
  • Like 1

Pricing discrepancies in different currencies is not unique to Explora.  We booked a Scenic cruise a year or so ago.  As we use both a US and UK based agent I got quotes from both, which are usually pretty close.  This time the UK agent was way more expensive.  I used a VPN and sure enough the UK version of the Scenic website had the identical amount for the cruise as the US one did, despite the pound being at the time about 30% more than the US dollar.

17 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

I used a VPN and sure enough the UK version of the Scenic website had the identical amount for the cruise as the US one did, despite the pound being at the time about 30% more than the US dollar.

It didn't have the same amount.  It had the same quantity of the local currency.

• 1 year later...

I also booked directly with an ambassador on the Explorer Journeys website. However, although i have received an email documenting my deposit on my reservation, I do not see my reservation anywhere on their website.  This definitely is not the norm in the cruise industry, as I have booked and sailed on many different lines, and always have seen my trip on the line's website under my account bookings.  Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks in advance

bpolan