Symphony of the Seas Balcony Guarantee?

etravel

So looking at Symphony for end of April..The Eastern Caribbean...they have an excellent rate on a XB Balcony Guarantee! Can't really tell if there is a chance of it being obstructed view...if it's saving around $500 total, does that seem like a good deal to jump on? Or does everyone prefer to know exactly where they will be? I know it's kind of a personal opinion...but just getting ideas! Thanks! 

XB category = Oceanview Balcony. On the Symphony, there will be no obstructions. The lifeboats are neatly tucked away under all balconies. You just might be below a pool deck, or public area, causing some noise during times you want to sleep, or all the way at the aft or bow of the ship with long walks on the mega ship.

I’ve booked quite a few guarantees.  I personally would be very comfortable booking an XB on Oasis class and spend the $500 on something else.  
 Are you like us? We do not mind long walks to elevator/stairs if cabin is way down a hallway and we are not noise sensitive.  High or low decks on Oasis each have their own conveniences/inconveniences, so whichevyis fine for us.  I rather enjoy the anticipation of getting an assignment.  And once assigned, Royal let’s me swap into another available cabin in the exact assigned category if I see an available one I like better.  If I am bidding on RoyalUp, I could put my my gty balcony savings improve that RoyalUp bid.

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’ve booked quite a few guarantees.  I personally would be very comfortable booking an XB on Oasis class and spend the $500 on something else.  
 Are you like us? We do not mind long walks to elevator/stairs if cabin is way down a hallway and we are not noise sensitive.  High or low decks on Oasis each have their own conveniences/inconveniences, so whichevyis fine for us.  I rather enjoy the anticipation of getting an assignment.  And once assigned, Royal let’s me swap into another available cabin in the exact assigned category if I see an available one I like better.  If I am bidding on RoyalUp, I could put my my gty balcony savings improve that RoyalUp bid.

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

as far as elevators I only hope we are far away!!!  not right on top of one..

1 hour ago, etravel said:

as far as elevators I only hope we are far away!!!  not right on top of one..

You sound flexible; that’s important for booking gty.  I think deck 14 had the most noise issues (pool noise, scraping deck chairs, bars and such).  Yet I know people who like deck 14, ad they like being close to those polls, deck chairs and bars.  I have not stayed on deck 14, do I do not know how loud it might be; every time I’ve been assigned deck 14, I have been able to swap to another cabin in same category on another deck.  Someday we won’t be able to swap because there are no better ones available in our category; it could happen to you this time, so be sure you are OK anywhere.

It is always good to have earplugs (there can be a crying baby or loud mouth on the next cabin anywhere on the ship), even when you think you picked a quiet location.

The elevator lobbies are positioned such that people are not gathering right outside cabin doors., so I don’t worry about being close.  Admittedly there is less hallway traffic the further you are from the elevators, but if hallway noise bugs you much, you might not be a gty person (if you are not, you are in the majority).

• Thanks 1

The ONLY elevator lobby issue on Oasis class ships is Deck 7 aft. The elevators are in banks - one on the port side, one on the starboard side.  On any other floor (or the forward elevators), it doesn't matter which elevator you grab.  On Deck 7, it does.  The sign for the Boardwalk (which is on Deck 6 aft) hangs in between the elevator banks and blocks you from being able to walk side to side.  If your cabin is on the port side, and you accidentally take an elevator on the starboard side, when you get off, you can't just cross the elevator lobby to get to your cabin.  You have to climb the stairs up to Deck 8 and cross and go down to Deck 7, or go down the stairs to Deck 6, cross, and climb up to Deck 7.  It can be a pain, particularly in the evening after a few drinks.  😄 😄 😄

• Like 2