QM2 Transatlantic Departure Arrival Time change

transatlantic fan

Have just seen that all Eastbound crossings have had the departure time changed from 17.30 to 17.00 and arrival in Southampton from 6am to 9am.

No change on Westbound crossings, I would assume this is because of the 25hour days.

Looks like i can have a extra couple of hours in bed on the way home:)

Yes I see now that the ship gets in at 9am, and we have a flight to catch from Gatwick @ 4pm to Rome on May 5th. I wonder if you can just walk off with your luggage, would save time? And would you put in a request once on the ship to be one of the 1st to get off the ship.

Yes I see now that the ship gets in at 9am, and we have a flight to catch from Gatwick @ 4pm to Rome on May 5th. I wonder if you can just walk off with your luggage, would save time? And would you put in a request once on the ship to be one of the 1st to get off the ship.[/quote

You can do self help, This lets you get off about 1 hour after she docks.

• 2 weeks later...

Gee - 3 hour time difference in arrival can change lots of things, including hundreds of people screaming they have flights to catch, etc

Two other ships are scheduled to arrive that morning... will there be a battle for cabs, etc? Trying to figure timing to get into London, then Eurostar to Paris.

We're booked TA ex NY 6-Sep-06. A letter arrived from Cunard yesterday informing us of the above-mentioned changes to the TA schedule due to the "technical problem". They also reassure us that "there are no safety issues relating to this limitation of speed". Isn't that comforting? :rolleyes:

However, there has been a deafening silence in respect of any move to Red Hook. I suppose they will tell us sometime! :confused:

Archived