Princess Cancellation Policy

CPCruisers

Hi

I know someone here can provide a little information 🙂  I booked a cruise and paid $500.00 deposit. The last day to cancel with no penalty was 11/14/21 which was also the last day to make full payment otherwise the booking would be cancelled. 11/14/21 was a Sunday with no Princess customer service hours. I looked at the cancellation policy and figured if no payment by the 14 booking would cancel as of the 14th so silly me I just let it cancel.  Cancellation policy stated there would be a $500.00 cancellation fee if cancelled as of 11/15/21.  When I received the cancellation notice they assessed the 500.00 cancellation fee.  This does not seem correct.  I did call Princess yesterday and after about a 1+ hour hold spoke to a woman who said it would be returned to me as a future cruise credit and that it would "take a while" for that to be credited??? Again, this does not sound correct and I am worried she was just trying to get me off the phone! Has anyone else run into this situation and how was it handled by Princess?  I know I will use a FFC so that would be ok but I just want to make sure it is actually coming.

Thanks!

Had you let them know about cancellation last Friday, you should have gotten your deposit refunded (assuming it wasn't a non-refundable deposit).  It sounds like Princess cancelled your reservation 89 days prior to the cruise which puts it in this schedule:

image.png.200b50ff03ed82e30d6b627f6a5338b3.png

The Cruise with Confidence policy is still in effect for the first couple of months next year and that's why you are getting the "Cancellation Fee" back as a Future Cruise Credit.  That policy is here and you will get it back eventually:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

3 hours ago, CPCruisers said:

I did call Princess yesterday and after about a 1+ hour hold spoke to a woman who said it would be returned to me as a future cruise credit and that it would "take a while" for that to be credited??? Again, this does not sound correct and I am worried she was just trying to get me off the phone!

You will get your credit, and yes, it will take a while.