Tips or Hints on the Bliss

TNhome

We will be going on the Bliss in March for the first time.  Just curious if you have any great tips for our trip?  Any favorite places to eat or favorite bar? Things we shouldn't miss?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  

The whole ship is great, but where you spend your time will be up to personal preferences. For my wife an I we spent a lot of time at the Observation lounge, H2O Spice, and The Local (for breakfast and a few lunches).

• Like 2

We (daughter, 2 grandsons, grand daughter in law and me) will be on the Bliss for the Alaska cruise May 14 and I agree with M4RK that the observation lounge is great.  Figuring that it will be chilly out, the lounge will be nice to watch glaciers to go by, have a nice bloody mary or whatever, chat with new found friends etc.  The Local is also a great spot to socialize and get good food.  Love the Bliss.

5 hours ago, TNhome said:

We will be going on the Bliss in March for the first time.  Just curious if you have any great tips for our trip?  Any favorite places to eat or favorite bar? Things we shouldn't miss?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  

We really enjoyed the bar/ food area on the Observation lounge, and the mini buffet they had there.  The pianist we had was great at night,  just sitting and relaxing and watching the water go by.  It is also a great spot to be when you do sail away.  We spent a good deal of time there at lunch time.  Be aware though that the lounges and couches become napping places with bare feet and such and they snooze for hours.  

Have not yet sailed on Bliss (few more weeks!) but have sailed the Joy.  The Observation Lounge was far and a way our favorite space onboard.  Be sure to check it out early in the trip, as it gets busier and busier as the cruise goes on (People find it, and love it).  About the only thing I didn’t love was the other passengers who thought it was a great place to play an enthusiastic, cup banging dice game up at the front section where the noice really reverberates.  We also liked to go there late at night when it was empty. To play card games.  No drink service, but easy enough to to pick one up before heading there.

We also really enjoyed the Sugarcane Mojito Bar on the Joy, more so than that venue on other ships. I’m hoping the Bliss version is comparable.  We liked both the indoor and waterfront sections of it.

I know a lot of people love the Local (the food options we had there were good) but I didn’t care for the throughway element of how they set it up. Again, this was the Joy, so not sure if they adjusted that on Bliss.  I’m sure I will do a live from, or post cruise thread in 3 weeks 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, AndyCapn said:

9th deck balconies near the aft elevators are slightly larger than most balconies, but are the lowest-priced balcony rooms on the ship (BF). The room numbers are 9262-9276 port side and 9862-9876 starboard.

I have one of these rooms and I keep getting tempted by the upgrade offer for the Spa Club Balcony Suite but dont want to give up the larger balcony....LOL 

Plus from what I see the SCBS is below the fitness center.  The regular Spa Balcony seems to be positioned a bit better but room size is the same, as what we have. 

So its either stay with larger balcony or get access to the spa (which we determined we probably wouldnt use having the Observation Deck on this ship) thru upgrade. 

DH and I are opting to stay with the larger balcony! - Are we crazy??

41 minutes ago, greatestvalue said:

Plus from what I see the SCBS is below the fitness center.  The regular Spa Balcony seems to be positioned a bit better but room size is the same, as what we have. 

So its either stay with larger balcony or get access to the spa (which we determined we probably wouldnt use having the Observation Deck on this ship) thru upgrade. 

DH and I are opting to stay with the larger balcony! - Are we crazy??

The Spa balconies are either directly under the salon (starboard) or fitness centre (port). So with an upgrade bid it's a 50/50 chance of treadmills and free weights on your ceiling.

The Spa Club Balconies Suites are mid-ship, directly under the pool deck. To us, that doesn't sound spa-like!

Though if you're planning to visit the Observation Lounge frequently, with both rooms you'd be on the same floor and never have to wait for an elevator.

If you're not that interested in the spa anyway, then you will probably be happier overall with the larger balcony that you got to select personally.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, AndyCapn said:

9th deck balconies near the aft elevators are slightly larger than most balconies, but are the lowest-priced balcony rooms on the ship (BF). The room numbers are 9262-9276 port side and 9862-9876 starboard.

Appreciate the tip @AndyCapn.  Just switched our cabin from 9756 to 9868 on an upcoming sailing your recommendation.

Thanks again 👍

• Like 1