Reports of Covid on Board???

Jerry Garcia

Update: Ship's Dr. still on paid vacation in his cabin, feeling good but probably

bored stiff.  Pinch hitter now onboard.

No one else hast tested positive.  Now headed to Jamaica. All is good but the sea a bit lumpy.  A few green faces to be seen.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:20 PM, sleepybobo said:

I followed the Sea 11/29 Barcelona to San Juan roll call.  So this is not news to me.

Back to Covid, now that there's more evident that Omicron will be a major wave in the US in the coming weeks.  Anyone who will be cruising in the next few weeks has second thought?

I still plan to go.  But can't say I'm not worried.

We are due to sail Jan 2 and are cancelling.

Our govt issued a strong advisory and will probably firm it up to a ban next week.

Numbers of covid are supposed to soar.

We are fully vaxed and boosted but so what, all kinds of folks are getting covid that are all vaxed up. Does not seem to matter.

Our fear is if we go, we wont be able to get back into the country without a 14 day quarantine. Cant have that happen.

So sadly, we are cancelling. With the risk free guarantee, a FCV will be provided. 

• Like 1

Sorry you have to cancel jonthomas. I might be wrong, but my opinion is that the resources for testing in this country will soon be put towards vaccinations instead. And my opinion is that the vaccines — all 3 — will not stop Omicron. But the vaccines will help bring severe illness and hospitalizations under control. It is all about not overburdening the hospitals.  JMO. 

Yes there is now lots of data that the vaccines are not stopping us from getting covid, but I hope you are right that if you get it and you are vaxed, then you will not be very sick. Otherwise we are really in a whole lot of trouble and so many already  believe we are  on the wrong path entirely. 

But hey, this is a cruising site and I sure miss it. Life with no cruises, well what can I say....only that you have to be grateful to be well, when so many others are not.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...