WiFi on Freedom

Shoof

Hey everyone, I'm cruising in a few short days, and had a question regarding the WiFi on the ship. I'll most likely get the VOOM surf and stream package on my device/phone, which I am familiar with from other RCCL cruises I've been on. The question I have is about the standard WiFi on board...I know it's primarily for messaging within the ship with another guest, and the ability to see other app related things on the Royal App.

If my wife wants to use her laptop to do some light work with the need of internet access, is using the WiFi on the ship a possibility for this? Or would I have to pay for an additional device and use VOOM for that? The need is more file related docs that I need to access on something like Google Docs, no heavy internet usage for that. Does anyone know?

6 minutes ago, Shoof said:

I know it's primarily for messaging within the ship with another guest, and the ability to see other app related things on the Royal App.

You may have a misunderstanding of VOOM and Wi-Fi on the ship. When you connect to the ship’s Wi-Fi you get the use the RCI app and can get to a few RCI related web sites. 

To do anything else internet related, you need to get.a VOOM package, of which there are two tiers. Surf, on Freedom, will likely be enough for both of your use cases (instead of the more expensive Stream tier). If you both need to be on at the same time you’ll need to get a two device package, otherwise you can share a one device package. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1