Just off the Constellation..............

harry0

The cruise was great from the moment we got to the pier to the moment we were off the ship. We were upgraded from an inside on deck 2 to an aft cabin on deck 8 concierge for a small fee. Nice way to start a trip.

We dined at Oceanliners on Valentines-Day as did other cruise criticers. The wait staff and food was top notch. We weren't too crazy about the cheese course. But we waddled out quite content.

DR: Was great but I wish we would have done a trip to town or an excursion. We did the shuttle shuffle, and after doing it once before it bored me this time especially La Marina(sp.). We also saw Kantilla (the night show in Altos Chavon). The singers and dancers were great and worked their socks off. I am not a big fan of shows and thought it was over rated. The advertising on the large screens before the show did not help the atmosphere. They were selling condos. My friends who are more of show goers than me said it was OK.

Grenada: We went to the beach at the Boathouse Restaurant. We beached it, had a few beers and had a light lunch. The Crab cakes were great. This was a secluded beach. We were there alone for a couple of hours. Make sure you set up a time for a return trip with a cab; it is out of the way. We were the only ones here for a couple of hours. The people of Grenada are some of the friendliest we have met. At one point we were eating in the restaurant when a torrential downpour hit. We chose to leave our beach gear on the beach since it was soaked already. We then saw a man walking by who stopped, picked up our gear, and lugged it to the restaurant. There were six of us.

Barbados: Silver Moon 2. They know how to getter done. Best excursion ever. Read more about it on the “Barbados” board.

St. Kitts: Taxi Tour with Ashton- Met him on the streets. For $20 per person he drove 6 of us in his new air conditioned van the Island stopping at various sites and when ever we wanted a beer. He was very knowledgeable of his island’s history. We ended the day at Turtle beach it was windy so we grabbed a bite to eat and returned to the ship. On the way to and from the beach we saw monkeys, which were a highlight of the trip for me. I titled this cruise “Swim with the Turtles and Swing with the Monkeys”. The premonition became reality.

St. Thomas: Megans Bay was a great beach day. We loved watching the diving pelicans. The water was awesome. Everyone but me shopped and loved it.

San Juan: We stayed at the Caribe Hilton for 2 days pre cruise. The property was great. We walked to Old San Juan and ate at a couple of restaurants recommended on Cruise Critic. We loved it.

Cruise Critic party was great. The Captain was there! He reads Cruise Critic posts and said that we (as posters) do not comment on the “life of a ship”. He told great cruise stories and answered questions. Derrick the cruise director was also there adding stories and answering more questions.

Thanks for letting me relive the past week in Paradise.

Harry0

Sounds like your week was much like ours a couple of weeks earlier. We also did the Silver Moon II trip in Barbados and agree that it was one of the best, if not The Best, excursions ever.

Glad you had as good a time on the Constellation as we did.

Cruise Critic party was great. The Captain was there! He reads Cruise Critic posts and said that we (as posters) do not comment on the “life of a ship”. He told great cruise stories and answered questions. Derrick the cruise director was also there adding stories and answering more questions.

Hi Harry, glad to see you enjoyed your cruise on the Constellation. I can't believe the Captain showed up. Was your thread very active? I think ours has to be a record breaker; we currently have over 8,000 posts and there's still 5 weeks to go.

I would love to hear the cruise stories, hope we get a "talkative" officer at ours.

Welcome home.

SweetAir-Food was great-Barservice was good. Wine service slow if you could get it at all. This could have been because we ordered glasses not bottles.

CC party was Mon@ 10 or 11 am

Carol-our thread was slow. I think there was about 20 at the party.

Harry

Harry, Glad you found CONSTELLATION in good shape, and had a great cruise! The Captain came to our CC party when we were on her in November, too. That was one of the highlights of our cruise. We had a pretty active roll call ... 2000+ posts .... so I wonder if that had something to do with it. There were over 115 signed up for our Cruise Critic party!

Cheers,

Harry - Thanks for the review. We leave on the 4th for the other itinerary. We did yours last March.

Who is the Captain? If it is Captain Papanikalou, he is known for doing that. He is a very outgoing and personable man. Our Roll Call is almost 2300 posts and I think we are now up to 72 signed up for the Connections Party. Maybe he'll pop in for ours too.

Thanks again for the review.

Hey Everyone - We are sailing this Sat 2/25 on the Connie... How was the on-board entertainment? - Any "BIG" names performing? - Thanks!

I do not attend shows but everyone I was with said the shows were great. The pool band was the best I ever heard. They were only together for 3 weeks but seemed like they were old pros. If you are lucky enough to have Illusions you are in for a good week. Where ever Illusions played we followed them, and so did many others.

Harry

Archived