Book through US or UK?

thedarklord

Our PCC tells me that she can book our cruises (we're UK based) through either the UK office or the US office, after I moaned about the fact that UK based bookings can't benefit from price reductions, & can't cancel without losing deposit.

So my question now is - are they any good/compelling reasons why we're better off booking through the UK versus the US? I know that we'd be subject to currency fluctuations affecting the price we pay if we booked through the US (though if that got too onerous, we'd presumably be able to cancel and get our deposit back anyway), but is there anything stupid/fundamental I'm missing which which mean booking through the US is not the better option normally?

1 hour ago, thedarklord said:

Our PCC tells me that she can book our cruises (we're UK based) through either the UK office or the US office, after I moaned about the fact that UK based bookings can't benefit from price reductions, & can't cancel without losing deposit.

So my question now is - are they any good/compelling reasons why we're better off booking through the UK versus the US? I know that we'd be subject to currency fluctuations affecting the price we pay if we booked through the US (though if that got too onerous, we'd presumably be able to cancel and get our deposit back anyway), but is there anything stupid/fundamental I'm missing which which mean booking through the US is not the better option normally?

With a US you will be paying daily grats on drinks and dinging packages, on a UK booking you pay a flat fee that covers all the grats (eg £99 for 7-9 night).

You will not have ABTA cover on a US booking but will with a UK booking.

Can't think of any more.

BTW you can benefit from a reprice if you take it as an upgrade in cabin.
For example my PCC repriced in a higher grade cabin and I just paid the difference, this type of reprice must involve paying more, even if it's only a £1.
We paid £130 each to move up a cabin level with the new prices applied.

Edited by ziggyuk