Jump to content

Iberostar day pass


beachluver9
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, beachluver9 said:

Has anyone done the Iberostar day pass in Cozumel recently?  I am looking for info regarding the quality of the beach, pool, drinks, and food.  Also, any details regarding transportation is appreciated.

Transport will be via taxi from the port.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2021 at 11:16 AM, beachluver9 said:

Has anyone done the Iberostar day pass in Cozumel recently?  I am looking for info regarding the quality of the beach, pool, drinks, and food.  Also, any details regarding transportation is appreciated.

I just did it on 11/20.  Ants on the beach and I got bit by them.  We went directly to pool after that.  Pool is nice.  The server Ana is really good.  Drinks were watered down.  Breakfast food was good with a lot of selections.  Same with lunch.  Misquoted for cab on way back ($25) (its $19).  We got another cab.  Snorkeling was not good.  The resort caters to a European crowd.  Other than the waitress at the pool, I found the workers not very friendly.  I took it as anti cruise and possibly anti non European.  It wasn't as if we had giant bags or loud clothing (yoga shorts and tank tops).  I tried asking about the Snorkeling in Spanish and the staff just wouldn't answer.  Be prepared if you go to leave your license at front desk and for towels.  Luckily we had them.  Of course they couldn't find them at the end of the day that we cut short as we just wanted to go back to our nice room on the ship.  Despite the advertising for non motorized water sports, this is not true.  We tried to get the kayak but they wouldn't give to us since we were day passers.  They wanted ID.  It was just not for us.  We like doing day passes even on land vacations and are no stranger to them and this place I would not ever go back to.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I just did it on 11/20.  Ants on the beach and I got bit by them.  We went directly to pool after that.  Pool is nice.  The server Ana is really good.  Drinks were watered down.  Breakfast food was good with a lot of selections.  Same with lunch.  Misquoted for cab on way back ($25) (its $19).  We got another cab.  Snorkeling was not good.  The resort caters to a European crowd.  Other than the waitress at the pool, I found the workers not very friendly.  I took it as anti cruise and possibly anti non European.  It wasn't as if we had giant bags or loud clothing (yoga shorts and tank tops).  I tried asking about the Snorkeling in Spanish and the staff just wouldn't answer.  Be prepared if you go to leave your license at front desk and for towels.  Luckily we had them.  Of course they couldn't find them at the end of the day that we cut short as we just wanted to go back to our nice room on the ship.  Despite the advertising for non motorized water sports, this is not true.  We tried to get the kayak but they wouldn't give to us since we were day passers.  They wanted ID.  It was just not for us.  We like doing day passes even on land vacations and are no stranger to them and this place I would not ever go back to.  


Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy Iberostar, after your rave reviews of El Cid the week before. Iberostar is one resort on Cozumel that we have neither stayed at or had a day pass so I was interested to hear your opinion.

 

I am not sure however I understand your comment “they cater to Europeans”.  Strange they wouldn’t answer a question whether asked in English or Spanish.

 

I think leaving ID for towels is quite common at hotel resorts. We have certainly been asked to at several hotels and I give them an expired ID, which I carry for the purpose. I don’t think the concept is that different to Royal Caribbean threatening to charge for pool towels that are not returned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:


Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy Iberostar, after your rave reviews of El Cid the week before. Iberostar is one resort on Cozumel that we have neither stayed at or had a day pass so I was interested to hear your opinion.

 

I am not sure however I understand your comment “they cater to Europeans”.  Strange they wouldn’t answer a question whether asked in English or Spanish.

 

I think leaving ID for towels is quite common at hotel resorts. We have certainly been asked to at several hotels and I give them an expired ID, which I carry for the purpose. I don’t think the concept is that different to Royal Caribbean threatening to charge for pool towels that are not returned.

re the license for towels no it isn't unusual but resortforaday.com should have told us this.  The vibe I had was oh these pleb cruisers.  I was asked by 2 separate people if we were from a cruise ship (snorkeling bag may have given it away) and why resort allowed it.  I was very surprised as I have never felt like this in Cozumel before.  May have been just the day.  However for that amount of money, sorry, I'd rather go elsewhere.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jean87510 said:

re the license for towels no it isn't unusual but resortforaday.com should have told us this.  The vibe I had was oh these pleb cruisers.  I was asked by 2 separate people if we were from a cruise ship (snorkeling bag may have given it away) and why resort allowed it.  I was very surprised as I have never felt like this in Cozumel before.  May have been just the day.  However for that amount of money, sorry, I'd rather go elsewhere.  


I understand your disappointment and know the day-pass there is expensive - one reason we have never done it! In general I have found “resortforaday” adds a significant “mark-up” for their passes compared to other brokers or booking direct.
 

I realize day passes to hotels are difficult to obtain at the moment and so choices are limited. I am not sure if you are referring to guests or employees when you say “why does the resort allow it?” Previously we have occasionally done day passes to resorts , but I have a certain amount of sympathy with hotel guests in recent months not being keen on resorts selling passes. I stayed AI at a Cozumel resort in June for a few days just as cruising resumed. There were restrictions and a definite reduction in services and facilities. I would not have been pleased to have found cruisers sharing the reduced services.

 

Whilst I can understand the anti-cruise vibe to a certain extent, I am still puzzled as to what you meant by the term “caters to Europeans” and how this was portrayed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...