Snorkeling at Infinity Bay resort

colesc15

Good or not is subjective.  I mean if one has been to the South Pacific or even Roatan 20 years ago and compared the snorkeling to now they would say it is not as good. 

But 

If one has only snorkel from the beach in the Caribbean they would probably you the reef steps from your lounger at West Bay's Infinity resort is very good.  

Sure, you can do it on your own, or you can ask one of the local guides to get you past the 1st reef.  It all depends on your comfort level. 

• Like 1

I am looking into this as well. The previous poster is a little brash. You cannot compare Caribbean reefs to south Pacific reefs, it is not a fair comparison. Supposedly, this area in the Western Caribbean is some of the best snorkeling in this region of the world. Bonaire is suppose to be even better. 

I think what you are getting at is whether the better snorkeling in Roatan is closer to Infinity Bay vs say Bananarama. They are not that far apart, but there is a difference of getting off your lounger and walking right in to go to the reef vs walking up the beach a bit to get there. I have been looking at where to do our day pass as well. Infinity Bay is ~$150 (3 adults). Bananarama is ~$100 but doesn't include the lounge chairs. For the convenience and amenities, I think Infinity Bay is the better option in my circumstances. I would go to Tabyana if my cruise line wasn't charging about $250 for it.

Edited by bigrednole
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2021 at 5:46 AM, bigrednole said:

I am looking into this as well. The previous poster is a little brash. You cannot compare Caribbean reefs to south Pacific reefs, it is not a fair comparison. Supposedly, this area in the Western Caribbean is some of the best snorkeling in this region of the world. Bonaire is suppose to be even better. 

I think what you are getting at is whether the better snorkeling in Roatan is closer to Infinity Bay vs say Bananarama. They are not that far apart, but there is a difference of getting off your lounger and walking right in to go to the reef vs walking up the beach a bit to get there. I have been looking at where to do our day pass as well. Infinity Bay is ~$150 (3 adults). Bananarama is ~$100 but doesn't include the lounge chairs. For the convenience and amenities, I think Infinity Bay is the better option in my circumstances. I would go to Tabyana if my cruise line wasn't charging about $250 for it.

Our group went to Bananarama in Sept 2021.  We have always enjoyed our beach day there.  However, on our past visit.  It was very stressful.  Lots of locals trying to sell you stuff..(pushy and rude).  We were a group of 10, and we all had to take turns sitting with our stuff, and the ladies always had someone walk them to the restroom and bars,  We didn't feel safe.   We are going to give Infinity a try when we go in March.  I am hoping for a better experience this time! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OhioGirl said:

Our group went to Bananarama in Sept 2021.  We have always enjoyed our beach day there.  However, on our past visit.  It was very stressful.  Lots of locals trying to sell you stuff..(pushy and rude).  We were a group of 10, and we all had to take turns sitting with our stuff, and the ladies always had someone walk them to the restroom and bars,  We didn't feel safe.   We are going to give Infinity a try when we go in March.  I am hoping for a better experience this time! 

We too are planning on Inifinity Resort. It costs about $15-$20 more, but they have security keep the local sellers away from their guests. 

• Like 1