176 (+/- 3) pax on the Grand Nov 20-28

PRNole47

12 minutes ago, Re-tired said:

We were on the Nov 5 and Nov 10 Grand cruises with the low passenger count.  Other than nearly having the ship to ourselves we were most surprised at the attitude of the crew.  To a person they were happy.  They told us they were thrilled to be back to work and have jobs again. The Grand was just one big happy ship for our 15 days.   

Couldn't agree more.  They have all been super thankful to be back (contrary to some reports here about being angry).  The trend is slowly moving to higher booking numbers, especially on the longer cruises, so they will all be rewarded for their patience and hard work.

10 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

When did Princess start sailing out of Long Beach. I sailed on the Grand in Oct out of San Pedro.  I'm sailing again next week on the Grand and it's out of San Pedro.

Sorry. I meant to say "...cruise out of the Los Angeles Cruise Port."

10 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Couldn't agree more.  They have all been super thankful to be back (contrary to some reports here about being angry).  The trend is slowly moving to higher booking numbers, especially on the longer cruises, so they will all be rewarded for their patience and hard work.

Again, I said "angry" was too string a word that I used. When we were on we were treated like royalty. It was a word someone else who works at the port used. 

24 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Again, I said "angry" was too string a word that I used. When we were on we were treated like royalty. It was a word someone else who works at the port used. 

Maybe it is the dock workers that are angry. Fewer passengers, mean fewer bags, and fewer tips and shorter hours for the already very well paid longshoremen.

20 hours ago, Re-tired said:

We were on the Nov 5 and Nov 10 Grand cruises with the low passenger count.  Other than nearly having the ship to ourselves we were most surprised at the attitude of the crew.  To a person they were happy.  They told us they were thrilled to be back to work and have jobs again. The Grand was just one big happy ship for our 15 days.   

---

-- I absolutely agree.  We were on Grand the 3 preceding sailings to you (10/23, 10/27, 11/1) for 13 nights -- followed by Majestic 11/6 (7 nights) and Ruby on 11/22 (5 nights). 

For us Grand Princess had the happiest employees and the best service by far compared to the other two ships.  In fact, I would say Grand's service was at least one level above that of both Majestic and Ruby.

FYI:  Our Grand sailings had more passengers, more than 500 each on two sailings and more than 1300 [that I can recall] for the Halloween sailing.

Given our most recent experiences, we still consider Grand Princess to be the jewel of Princess.

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 1