Price protection form not working?

Lady_E

So I've submitted 2 price drops using the form. I get the approval email but then when I check, it's still only 100 bucks listed. It should be 200. And the price just dropped AGAIN by about 50 bucks. I'm hesitant to submit via the form, because I don't want to lose my OBC. Advice?

If your original booking had $100 OBC, you likely lost it. Anytime you open a booking it gets repriced, and if the original fare code is no longer valid, you lose any perks associated with it. If port taxes increase or decrease, those change, too. Best to call Carnival if you are unsure of what it might do.

5 minutes ago, Cruise, J.D. said:

Yep, it will also trigger a new deposit requirement if your original fare had a lower promotional deposit. 

Lol I had that happen except they immediately cancelled my booking. First was a $50 deposit and what I matched to was a reduced $75 deposit. Automation within 30 seconds of granting price drop swept thru and said deposit not paid and cancelled me. I had to call and get a brand new booking number. Do watch that!!

No this is Early Saver. I had 100 bucks from an original price drop. I submitted another price drop and they didn't credit it, even though I got the approval form.

I'm not sure what to do, and I've got ANOTHER price drop I screenshot I wanted to submit.

If you are trying to match to a P0K code, it is only for new bookings....they will say approved but they will not match it.  I've had them actually raise my rate before until I called and fixed it.  I don't trust the form.

Edited by travelmommy

6 minutes ago, travelmommy said:

If you are trying to match to a P0K code, it is only for new bookings....they will say approved but they will not match it.  I've had them actually raise my rate before until I called and fixed it.  I don't trust the form.

So I should call?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, travelmommy said:

If it's a POK code, they told me it's not eligible for price protection as that code is only for new bookings.  They wont give the credit if you previously booked under early saver.

How do you tell?