Stay Away From Holiday Inn Express San Juan

rufus1

My wife and I and our 3 year old just returned from a wonderful Carnival Cruise abroad the Destiny. Everything was great until we returned to Holiday Inn Express in San Juan. Upon checking-in I was informed there was an error and there was two rooms booked. I informed Carmen I had only booked one and need one. The staff then stated I have to pay for both rooms and ended up claiming I was lying 5 times according to the clerks. I have been traveling the past 30 years and have not been treated anywhere near the attitudes displayed by this HOILDAY INN EXPRESS. I will never do buisness with this hotel again and I would discourage anyone else from doing so.

i just returned from staying at the holiday inn express in san juan. the people at the desk are just plain rude. when our party arrived only 2 of the 3 rooms were available and not king size beds like we had requested and paid for 9 months prior to our trip. when i was trying to get the 3rd room which i agreed to go to dinner and then come back for the room the woman at the desk just kept taking other phone calls and answering people who were interrupting. it was amazing. the rooms were immaculate though not what we had paid for. i would imagine you can disputet he charge for the extra room with your credit card company.

• 4 weeks later...

We had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express October 2004 and everyone was very nice and courteous. Rooms were fine.

We made reservations again for October 2005 post cruise for 2 rooms, 2 nights each - non-refundable on Holiday Inn's website. My grandmother passed away while we were on the cruise (she died Friday nite and we arrived in San Juan on Sunday). My parents were with me and we could not stay post cruise because we had to get back ASAP. I called Holiday Inn's customer svc line and they said that the hotel would have to agree not charging for the rooms. I called and Carmen waived the penalty and all charges. I'm sure it was because we had a death in the family because I could hear such compassion in their voices when I explained. We were not charged -(I kept checking our CC stmts.) And they had every right to charge us. I just took a chance to call and ask.

I have had good experiences with the staff there. I'm sorry you had trouble. I would definitely make a complaint with Holiday Inn's customer service as well as your credit card company. Do you have your confirmation showing only one room was booked?

Archived