Jungle Reef Adventures

imjp

• 5 months later...

Jungle Reef adventures is the name thecruise ships use for a trip to Anse Chanstenant Resort-which is supposedly a very nice resort down by the Pitons.You usually go by boat-It is a horrendous windy car trip, It is supposedly a nice place to go with good snorkeling

• 1 month later...

This tour used to be offered by a major dive co. in St. Lucia (Dive St. Lucia? I THINK that was the name of it. They had a booth right at the resort.) At any rate, I recall that we couldn't book it on our own because RCCL had a lock on this tour. Anyway, we did go by boat to Anse Chastenet (lovely, even though it was a semi-overcast day and very near the pitons). I had tried in vain ahead of time to find out if we could just walk onto that property, but learned the drive is LONG and would have cost a fortune. We were on the full day tour and had a buffet lunch at the resort, which was o.k. but nothing spectacular. My husband did 2 dives that day and I just snorkeled. Snorkeling was supposed to be the best on the island at that location, but compared to other places I've snorkeled, it was just o.k. Still, we enjoyed the day and would do it again. However, the next time we went to St. Lucia (March of '05) no tour went to Anse Chastenet. Some went to a more "natural" beach just beyond it, w/no real facilities or anything. We did do a large catamaran tour offered through our ship and did a stop at a small beach well known as a stop on the way from the piton sail (can't think of the name of it but it had lots of vendors both in and out of the water harrassing us, which I can accept as it's their way of life, but I can't say it was enjoyable). We're going to St. Lucia again next year and if Jungle Reef Adventures is the Anse Chastenet stop tour, I'd recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

There are loads of adventure tours available on the island. You can get an organised tour via ***** to pick you up from the pier. The guys I have used are very resourseful and can give you a very enjoyable and relaxation tour one that will be worth every penny spend. You can also contact John at 3015762288 and will give you all the details you will require. Believe me you will get first class ambassador service. I did hope you will. Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Also, I get the impression this is the type of thing that once we get there we can do tons of things. Is there a reason it's important to GET to the resort? Can you not go on hikes, snorkeling, etc, elsewhere easily on the island? What's the benefit of this excursion? Love to hear more about it!

Archived