Tahiti Dreams Dec. 30 questions for this e who have been...

a flygirl

Hello , We are on Dec 30th cruise and I have a few questions...if you have been please chime in:-)

I understand that there are 2 beach events, the destination event which is in the evening and currently shows the first night in BoraBora.The  second is the beach BBQ.

I spoke to WS and they said it will be at a Motu.. I assuming Motu Mahaea in Tahaa... However , isn't that where the Coral gardens snorkeling is the best? 

I didn't want to miss the Beach Bbq. 

So far our stops are Moorrea, Raiatea, Tahaa, 2 days BoraBora and lastly Huahine. 

What day(island) is the best for the drift snorkel and company. I've emailed Bleue excursion in Raiatea but it is NYD (Jan1) and not sure they want to work:-), plus I don't want to do a pearl farm vanilla farm or Rum distillery.

For stingrays I heard More is the best, but we also booked a car for a drive to Beleverde and a hike... any other island have sting rays  or good hiking?

Thanks I welcome any and all input, suggestions ideas. Thanks so much.

Excited for you traveling so soon!

The beach barbecue in BB is held the second- last night in BB on a motu close by.

The all day beach barbecue is on Motu Mahaea in Tahaa. The Coral Gardens tour is on that day, currently only in the morning from 8:30- 11:30. You will not miss the day or lunch on the motu. The lunch is prepared after your return from Coral Gardens. That gives plenty of time to eat, wander and play in the water on the motu. Sometimes they'll add an afternoon Coral Gardens visit which still allows plenty ot time on the motu. I tell people not to miss CG snorkel for the world.

In Raiatea there's another outfit that does pretty much the same tour that Excursion Bleue does that you can try. julien@ariimoanatours.com  Hoping they are still operating after COVID. You still have to endure the awful (IMHO) pearl and vanilla farms. Lots of sting rays particularly there and Bora Bora, so ok if you miss them on Moorea. If you're interested in jetskiing, Raiatea Jet is fantastic. And you can talk the guy who does it out of the pearl and vanilla farms.

Don't miss H2O Bora Bora for outstanding tour of the lagoon and snorkeling.

On Huahine there's a nifty 12 passenger sailboat that does snorkeling and DIY lunch (you'll stop at grocery store prior) Huahine Voile. Huahine has good hiking, sacred sites also.

Actually the island of Tahiti has good hiking, jungle and waterfalls. There are many trails that take off close to Papeete.

Have a blast.

Thanks so much.

We will look at this info and re evaluate. If we do a package it will be the beer/wine package. \I don't think we need wifi. I have international plans on our cells and that should be enough while we are in port.