First Silversea Cruise Questions

eric4395

My wife and I are going on our first silversea cruise in May from Athens  round trip. Can anyone advise regarding the restaurants if it is neccessary  to pre book any of them in advance. Also on disembarkation day our flight is not until late afternoon I realise you will have to be out your cabin at 8:30 but is there any way you can stay on the ship until say at least noon before leaving for the airport bearing in mind our airport transfer will be prearranged as well. Dont fancy spending most of the day in Athens airport at the end of our cruise. Thanks for any replies.

6 minutes ago, eric4395 said:

My wife and I are going on our first silversea cruise in May from Athens  round trip. Can anyone advise regarding the restaurants if it is neccessary  to pre book any of them in advance.

Some of the restaurants are open seating.  No reservations possible.  But others do take reservations.  And for some like La Dame -- esp on formal nights! -- it's nearly imperative to book in advance.  It's easy to make the reservations online on my.silversea and then adjust the bookings on the ship.  I suggest that you play it safe and make reservations for most nights.

6 minutes ago, eric4395 said:

Also on disembarkation day our flight is not until late afternoon I realise you will have to be out your cabin at 8:30 but is there any way you can stay on the ship until say at least noon before leaving for the airport bearing in mind our airport transfer will be prearranged as well. Dont fancy spending most of the day in Athens airport at the end of our cruise. Thanks for any replies.

You cannot stay on the ship.  Esp. with COVID protocols and cleaning, everyone must depart by stated disembarkation time.  Perhaps you could hire a taxi for much of the day to take you around Athens.  Or book a day room at a hotel.  I think Holiday Inns in Athens offer day rates.

• Like 1

Look for airport transfers with sightseeing built in.  I have found several choices, including Sounion [southern tip of the area, with temple ruins] and Acropolis.  They guard your luggage and end up at the airport.

16 hours ago, Host Dan said:

I'm trying SS for the first time next week.  I went ahead and made reservations for the different dining venues, although I hear its going to be a lean trip, passenger wise.

How many passengers ? We always preferred low numbers which we found increased the luxury even more.Enjoy your first SS experience.