Moon FLL to FLL

zqtchas

40 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Not us!

Ah OK soz. Only posted as I thought it might have been the new Silver Box. Curiosity! Maybe that's in place of a bottle of wine or chocolates (or whatever is normally sent at Xmas.) Be my first if it is!

Costa Rica behind you... Next stop Ecuador. Has each port been free to DIY roam or have you had to be on a bubble tour? (I'm guessing from the email received, its OK to roam on your own?)

What's been the protocol for arriving in each country after leaving the US?

You haven't needed to do locator forms or provide tests in each port have you? (I'm assuming that's all taken care of by SS?)

Edited by les37b

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Just had a delivery. I knew the Silver Boxes were a thing of the past, but not heard anyone mention this little surprise that turned up this morning. A rather nice notebook!

Is this the new "Silver Box" Did you guys get this too?

pixlr-bg-result.thumb.png.d2416fe66080fb5d5b72aa04a24146af.png

Ours arrived this morning.  A nice gesture. 

47 minutes ago, les37b said:

Ah OK soz. Only posted as I thought it might have been the new Silver Box. Curiosity! Maybe that's in place of a bottle of wine or chocolates (or whatever is normally sent at Xmas.) Be my first if it is!

Costa Rica behind you... Next stop Ecuador. Has each port been free to DIY roam or have you had to be on a bubble tour? (I'm guessing from the email received, its OK to roam on your own?)

What's been the protocol for arriving in each country after leaving the US?

You haven't needed to do locator forms or provide tests in each port have you? (I'm assuming that's all taken care of by SS?)

Had  a very deep nose test yesterday, wife’s nose still hurts. So far we have taken tours but people have been wandering around off the ship. Tours have not been included.

There has been a constant bickering back and forth with Ecuador over the testing etc. 

They keep changing their minds, minute to minute I’m told. We did have to fill out an internet health form for Ecuador, Julianne from reception gave us major help in that endeavor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zqtchas said:

Had  a very deep nose test yesterday, wife’s nose still hurts. So far we have taken tours but people have been wandering around off the ship. Tours have not been included.

There has been a constant bickering back and forth with Ecuador over the testing etc. 

They keep changing their minds, minute to minute I’m told. We did have to fill out an internet health form for Ecuador, Julianne from reception gave us major help in that endeavor.

The one I had for an MSC cruise, I thought it was going to go through my head! I'm sure the guy who did it was a bit sadistic and wasn't meant to be for that long or deep.

OK, thank for Tour info. I did think that was the case. I have booked several, but several ports there isn't anything that takes my fancy, so hopefully we can stretch our legs and wonder if its safe to do so.

That's a big concern from what you are saying for Ecuador and sounds like what I've been dreading!

On the UK's travel details for Ecuador, it says,

From 1 December, anyone over 16 years old must present their full COVID-19 vaccination certificate (i.e. both doses for those vaccinations which consist of two doses), received at least 14 days prior the flight date, and a negative RT-PCR test, taken up to 72 hours prior to boarding their flight.

So obviously Silversea have managed to get you in with a Lateral Flow test - or was it a PCR you got down in Costa Rica? I guess there is no reason something can't be setup for us if they are going to play hardball and not give concessions on requirements. This is where Viking have got it well sorted. They have a PCR testing lab on every ship.

It's only opened to a few of its ports too in Ecuador...

Most ports remain closed for travel/tourism activities. Only cargo services are allowed. As of October 2021, international cruise ship operations are permitted in Esmeraldas, Guayaquil, Manta and Puerto Baquerizo ports.

This explains the swap of Machala to Manta. I did think that was a bit odd.

There was a reception last night for in transit people back to FLL.

More than I expected. The observation lounge was half full.

Vickie did her show, it was great as usual. I hear the next voyage is less than half full.

Dinner last night was super, veal loin.  Civan brought out a Turkish red wine and it was (to me) quite good.

More later as my memory springs back into action.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, les37b said:

Just had a delivery. I knew the Silver Boxes were a thing of the past, but not heard anyone mention this little surprise that turned up this morning. A rather nice notebook!

Ours came special delivery this evening. The Notebook is nice. Apologies for intruding on your thread Chas.

• Like 1

In discussion with HD last night reference last deep nose swab, he said it’s  likely we will have to do it again to go ashore in Ecuador. It turns out he was HD on the Spirit charter in Saudi Arabia and the deep swab then felt like a wire brush.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 12:34 PM, les37b said:

We assumed it was a Christmas present from a relative so we didn't open it! Very nice though!

Just announced over PA. One crew member tested positive. Therefore we will not be allowed ashore in Manta our next stop tomorrow. We will need to be retested before getting off in Q. Probably using the deep probe wire rush.

5 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Just announced over PA. One crew member tested positive. Therefore we will not be allowed ashore in Manta our next stop tomorrow. We will need to be retested before getting off in Q. Probably using the deep probe wire rush.

There's no suitable button to respond to that Chas!  Best wishes that this does not adversely affect the rest of your cruise! 😒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Sorry to hear that, hope it turns out to be a false positive. Also sorry you will miss Manta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As usual the situation is fluid. We are still in good hands. 

Had a great dinner in the Alantide, with a wonderful singing waiter (Gary). Also a good table . Life is good, except for the tests. And maybe the masks (gasp).

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zqtchas said:

What is Q?  Are you still scheduled to disembark in FLL?

9 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Damn. That's sad news. Hopefully crew member is ok .. and turns out to be a false positive. 

Good luck with the wire brush. I believe you are correct that it will be necessary to disembark in Guayaquil to have this, regardless of yours being B2B. According to the UK government website, entry to Ecuador is meant to be though a PCR so SS must have some sort of dispensation by the sound of it?

2 hours ago, les37b said:

Damn. That's sad news. Hopefully crew member is ok .. and turns out to be a false positive. 

Good luck with the wire brush. I believe you are correct that it will be necessary to disembark in Guayaquil to have this, regardless of yours being B2B. According to the UK government website, entry to Ecuador is meant to be though a PCR so SS must have some sort of dispensation by the sound of it?

I was reading this sad and concerning news earlier ref the positive crew member, I then noticed another post stating that it was a false-positive result, but the post has now disappeared! Can someone please advise the latest situation.

3 hours ago, Doolz said:

I was reading this sad and concerning news earlier ref the positive crew member, I then noticed another post stating that it was a false-positive result, but the post has now disappeared! Can someone please advise the latest situation.

Didn't see it, but very odd it was removed.

Also odd, that the CDC ship status only has 3 SS ships and misses the Moon out still as pointed out previously by someone.

Spirit thankfully is back to Green.

image.thumb.png.bfac58b2c1969faa4079936cebc0f99e.png

Ships status link

6 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Had tests. 1 deep nostril & 1 deep throat. Lots of blurry eyes leaving the scene.

Hope your nostril has recovered from the earlier invasion! Have you received any further update on the crew member? Hopefully this won’t affect your schedule for tomorrow.

We are due to board tomorrow in Guayaquil around 2pm so any information would be gratefully received so we can plan accordingly-thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, Doolz said:

Hope your nostril has recovered from the earlier invasion! Have you received any further update on the crew member? Hopefully this won’t affect your schedule for tomorrow.

We are due to board tomorrow in Guayaquil around 2pm so any information would be gratefully received so we can plan accordingly-thanks in advance.

Haven’t heard anything more. Nobody was allowed off today.

Hopefully all goes well from here on,expecting resupply tomorrow.