For check-in on the app 45 days ahead, do you have to have your passport number?

Our passport applications were received on November 3rd and are still in process.  The estimate at the time we applied was 8-11 weeks, which would mean getting them between December 29th and January 19th.   The check-in for our March 6th Oasis cruise is January 20th.  

When we check-in online - do we have to have our passport numbers?   We're hoping we have our passports by then - but it seems it's varied - quicker than expected for some, and up to 3 months for others. 

Thanks!

You can checkin I believe saying you're using a Birth Certificate (at least you used to be able to...not sure now)...however then may be possible to go back in and change it to passport. But why do you feel the need to check in on the exact date it opens? Just wait until you get passport.

Edited by Ashland

If it’s a closed loop sailing where birth certificates are allowed, select birth certificate and finish check in. Then later you can go back in and edit check in to change to passport. I was at urgent care when check in for our September cruise opened, so that is what I did. 

• Like 1